50+? Get Vaccinated!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    This is what mine looked like (same view/location). I got some minor nerve damage/numbing from it. I was also told that stress plays a roll in occurrence/re-occurrence. And your more likely to get it again once it surfaces. I've since had a couple minor bouts with it. But nothing like that first time. It was like someone putting a cigarett on me, or a hot bed of coals.

I had it in this location also, it was bothersome but cleared up pretty quick, my mom on the other hand felt the affects for a full year and still hasn't recovered fully.

Comment

Originally posted by KIETHSTONE View Post
      Does it matter if as a youth I never had a chicken pox outbreak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been told that someone could contract CP. And it is best to avoid people with a shingles outbreak even though the shingles virus is a slightly different virus that is carried by CP. And planted/deposited on the nerves in your body. Hence the outbreak of shingles later in life.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
        My doctor told me that it is about 50% effective.

This is what I was told also.

Comment

Sadly, I don't see myself living till 80.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
            My doctor told me that it is about 50% effective.
            I don't care if it is 50% or 90%---get it. I'd rather have a 50-50 chance of not getting them than the alternative.

Comment

I hope you have a speedy recovery. Shingles are no fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RDT View Post
                So you get vaccinated at 50 and when you turn 80 bad things
                start happening to you . Don't sound good to me .
                You have enough bad things happen at 80 to.add more .
                It sounds a hell of a lot better than actually having shingles at 80

Comment

Zostavax shingles vaccine

I got the Zostavax vaccine five years ago after my mother and sister both had shingles outbreaks. Two months after receiving the shot I woke up one morning completely deaf in my left ear. Found out hearing loss is a possible side effect of the vaccine and am now part of a class action suit against the manufacturer. Do your research before getting Zostavax-the new vaccine Shingrix is supposedly much safer.

Comment

Originally posted by Benelliguy View Post
                    I got the Zostavax vaccine five years ago after my mother and sister both had shingles outbreaks. Two months after receiving the shot I woke up one morning completely deaf in my left ear. Found out hearing loss is a possible side effect of the vaccine and am now part of a class action suit against the manufacturer. Do your research before getting Zostavax-the new vaccine Shingrix is supposedly much safer.
                    The reason a lot of people are opting out of vaccines.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                      I don't care if it is 50% or 90%---get it. I'd rather have a 50-50 chance of not getting them than the alternative.
                      My Doc said 90%. Wife is getting hers today.

I've even got the dam blisters under some of my finger nails. At least I'm thankful only my right hand and forearm are affected...so far anyway. Another sleepless night even with the pain meds.

Comment

I had it about 10 years ago, dr said it was the worse case he had ever seen. It was on the back of my neck and wrapped around to my face. Got in my ear and effected my equilibrium so my wife had to help me crawl to the restroom. It also caused Bell’s palsy, right side of my mouth wouldn’t work. I was off work for 6 weeks!! Still to this day have nerve damage on back of my neck.

Comment

Dang. My younger brother had it as a kid on the back of his neck. Scarred for life.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                            Dang. My younger brother had it as a kid on the back of his neck. Scarred for life.
                            I had chicken pox at 4, and shingles at 11. Dead center of my chest. Carried little pock marks from it until I was in my 20. Only 2 left you can really see.
                            I don't remember much pain, just being terrified because it was so hard to breathe.
                            Thought I was going to suffocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Benelliguy View Post
                              Nah, surely a vaccine couldn't do this .
                              I feel for you brother. Tens of thousands of others just like you unfortunately.
                              I hope you come out smelling like a rose in your legal battle

Comment

The older vaccine was about 50%, the newer Shingrix is around 90% effective.

Comment

Working...
                                X