No announcement yet.

Broke out the old LX yesterday - still shoots better than me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck I would settle for a productive hog hunt right now. All work and no killing makes Gary a GOF.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm just glad some folks on this site bow hunt at all!

Comment

Everyone thinks owning your own place is like making it to Meca. Yeah it's good but the costs to purchase, fix up and maintain make leasing a bargain. Not to mention the time. But when its done, lodge is right, fence up and stocked well I guess it will. Be worth 70 hours a week in the heat to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Everyone thinks owning your own place is like making it to Meca. Yeah it's good but the costs to purchase, fix up and maintain make leasing a bargain. Not to mention the time. But when its done, lodge is right, fence up and stocked well I guess it will. Be worth 70 hours a week in the heat to pay for it.

You got that right. It's work, and it's work that never ends.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
            I would share no matter what you shoot.

I didn't say I couldn't figure it out, I said it pops up on the home screen. I click on interesting titles, noticed a guy getting ragged on.
            This is like the 3rd time you have used the excuse that you were defending the OP... after one rather lame post (sorry rick.) And your defense was to insult a big group of folks to "defend" one guy that you don't even know.

Congrats! I am sure you are gonna get your TBH savior of the year award in the mail anytime now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Yep the past month that's all I've done, mow, brush hog, set up stands, blinds, new feeders and cameras all by myself, probably have put in 200 hours on my farm this summer , and I'm not done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                This is like the 3rd time you have used the excuse that you were defending the OP... after one rather lame post (sorry rick.) And your defense was to insult a big group of folks to "defend" one guy that you don't even know.

Congrats! I am sure you are gonna get your TBH savior of the year award in the mail anytime now.

It was a somewhat inflammatory post. However he has not continued any derogatory commentary. However it seems the negative reaction to his comments is really over board.

Comment

I just googled what an LX looks like .

Comment

35" ATA. Sold mine to go shorter. However just like trad bows shorter had a truck to it as well.

Comment

after one rather lame post (sorry rick.)

Lame? LAME?!!!??!?!?

I didn't even make a comment. It was a question born from curiosity.
                      I'm crushed. I may never recover from this.

Rick

EDIT:
                      Real REALLY crushed.
                      My confidence is shot.
                      I may to have to start using an Air Bow.
                      Last edited by RickBarbee; 07-14-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I insulted people by saying compounds are more efficient?

That's like saying a 4 wheel drive pick up does better in mud than a two-wheel drive.If similarly equipped

Does that irritate all the two wheel drive owner?

It's just physics compound bows produce more energy per pound of energy exerted. Why would anybody get irritated at the truth that's why you like traditional equipment because it's more challenging

Comment

Originally posted by jbgoodstok View Post
                          Well gave the recurves a break yesterday and broke out the old Mathews LX compound - it still can shoot - if I do my part - the metal shed with 3 new bullet holes (arrow size) beside my backstop might not agree - lol. I still like the feel but you can tell when you have not touched her in quite awhile - still turned way down on poundage and really watching the strings etc for wear - strings were new when put in resting mode but it has been 3-4 years at least - probably better look at new strings and cables if I get serious about reawakening the old girl - hmmm - felt good though...amazing the difference between this and Trad - still love my recurves.
                          I still have mine. Dang, that thang is light!

Comment

That's like saying a 4 wheel drive pick up does better in mud than a two-wheel drive.If similarly equipped

It's just physics compound bows produce more energy per pound of energy exerted. Why would anybody get irritated at the truth that's why you like traditional equipment because it's more challenging
                            I don't know that they're really more efficient...kinda like the 7 mag vs 243 argument. They both work you just have to know the limitations...but yeah, generally speaking I get what you're saying. Nobody's mad at ya, it's just the trad forum so posts about compounds go south sometimes.

Comment

The more efficient part wasn't a problem for most folks to agree with.

Throwing in the more ethical for compound/less ethical for Trad bows part was where you screwed up, and was pretty ignorant on your part.

Now - Using the word ignorant isn't meant as an insult to you.
                              There are basically two definitions of ignorant:

(1)lacking knowledge or awareness in general
                              (2) uneducated or unsophisticated.

#1 is applicable here, and simply means you aren't knowledgeable about something.

In this case, you don't really know about Traditional equipment, it's use, or how extremely efficient/proficient it can be. At least/certainly not enough to supply an educated opinion on it.

Rick

Comment

You insulted people by saying more ETHICAL. Big, big, big difference than EFFECIENT and since you brought up game wounding, I can only assume you really meant to imply that trad equipment is less ethical. If a peice of equipment is actually unethical, then anybody who uses it is actually unethical too....

But you seemed it necessary to throw that stinker out there. And I chose not to address it, but you keep defending your statements by saying you made it because folks were supppsedly ragging on him (after literally 2 posts...)
                                Shoot that compound with pride.
                                Its the same motion as a long bow, pull the string and shoot.
                                Only more ethical - more accurate-more consistent- more energy= less wounded game
                                Obviously folks who shoot trad don't think our gear is less than ethical. Having hunted many different ways, most probably think some ways are easier to become proficient at... but once proficient, they all kill critters equally as dead. Ethics don't really come into the equation for comparison between the two.

So coming on here and saying what you beleive is fine... just don't expect folks to agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X