Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAGR View Post
    Got laid off a couple months ago. Been doing odd jobs to get by in the mean time. Sure could use some prayers. Really hope our industry comes back sooner than later. Hang in there boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent.

Comment

Originally posted by JAGR View Post
      Got laid off a couple months ago. Been doing odd jobs to get by in the mean time. Sure could use some prayers. Really hope our industry comes back sooner than later. Hang in there boys.

Sorry to hear it buddy. Keep your head up. Prayers heading your way.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
        My wife and I have lost $130k in income this year. Thankfully I'm employed after being laid off Q1 this year
        Yep I'm glad to be employed also. What I stand to lose is sickening if I don't get some days soon but at least I put it away while it was coming in. I bet this year I make half as much as my tax bill has been each of the last 5 years. Wife and kids like me home though

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          No I'm not a mind reader. But am man enough to say what's on my mind and not act like a coy little kid about it. [emoji6]
          So say what you mean by all means.
          What I mean is that you are a crybaby? You gripe and moan about the situation that you are in, because of your own CHOOSING. When someone offers you something, it is not good enough for you. You are out of a $125,000 job, but when someone offers you something making any kind of acceptable money, that is not good enough because it is not your precious job that you had before.

What is on my mind is that anyone who has the slightest, the VERY SMALLEST disagreement with you, is wrong simply because they don't see it the way you WANT them to see it. Your way is the only way and you refuse to see anyone else's point of view. You cannot and will not open your simple mind to see that someone else might have a point and might know what they are talking about. You are that guy that is never wrong and if you are, it is not your fault, but someone else's fault. You are the guy that belittles other people because they are happy that THEY are saving a little money at the pump. THEY ARE NOT HAPPY BECAUSE YOU ARE OUT OF WORK and you think that everyone that is happy because they save a few bucks every week is happy that you don't have a job. News flash bud, no one is happy that you are out of work or are not working where you can make $125,000. It is not about you, but simply about them and their family.

What I mean is that you come off as arrogant, egotistical, and self centered? You think that the oilfield is the only thing that matters and every other way of thinking is wrong and irrelevant because it does not relate to the oil patch. You are a self serving person and self righteous.

What I mean is that when you were making $125,000(+) because gas was $4.00 a gallon you did not even think how it impacted others. It was good for you, so it did not matter. Now that things are not as good for you, you want to get on a hunting forum and gripe and moan about oilfield jobs being cut and gas is so low and the economy is hurting because of these low oil prices and I know everything about economics because I got an "A" in a college class and whoever does not agree with me is wrong even if they have data to back it up.

You are a self serving, condescending tough guy behind this thing we call the green screen. No one is happy that anyone is out of a job. Heaven forbid that anyone be happy that they don't have to pay $3.75 at the pump to fill up their truck or car, because it hurts your feelings. I mean, hell, who would not be happy that they can now fill up for $1.85 as opposed to $3.75. Who in their right mind would rather pay more for something when they can get it for less? You make all of feel that we are wrong simply because I like to pay less for a gallon of gas.

Here is something that I am sure is news to you as well. It is not about you. I am not happy that you are out of a job. I am not happy that your family and others are struggling. I, I, I, I am happy because it does not cost $95 to fill up my truck. It has everything to do with ME and nothing to do with you. The world is not all about you and how you feel. I am sorry that you are struggling right now and I can say that. I never heard anything from any of you oil patch guys when the MAJORITY of America was struggling and you were raking in the dough. I am SURE that not one ounce of concern was given to the rest of the country who was struggling because you were living the life and had nothing to worry about. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, you come on here and act all high and mighty and holier than thou. It is ironic that you call others in this thread Internet Jesus, yet you think your poop does not stink. Well, man, sorry to tell you, but it does. You are not better than anyone on here. Not now and not when you were making all the money.

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          Whatever dude. You made little cheap pops. Now you're proof reading. I have reports to do at work.
          Show me my little cheap pops. PLEASE! Put my quotes somewhere in this thread. Where I said anything negative about people or families that are struggling. Don't spout off something that you cannot back up, something that you do a lot. Give me something. Go get your TPS reports done and make sure you put a cover page on them this time!

And PRAYERS sent up for all those that are struggling and whose families are experiencing a hard time right now. I hope it all turns around for the better!
          Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 05-03-2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
            I did. Look at post 3550. I was responding to you but it shows BHPhillips. Somewhere along the way the quote function went haywire making this thread hard to follow at times.
            Oh ok. Yea I def got lost

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
              Sent. To anyone looking for work that has operator skills in heavy equipment starting at the skid steer/backhoe range on up to excavators/dozers I am hiring. I am also looking for a few welders that might be looking for short term in the immediate to possible long term work on welding structures. Shops and the like. All work is currently in the Austin area.

Awesome gesture man The economy in centeral Texas is BOOMING! And I did say booming come take a drive around the Round Rock Georgetown Cedar Park Austin Leander and even the small town of Liberty Hill I grew up in and then tell me how bad the economy is from low oil prices. We have more work than we have had in years and that goes for about every contractor or builder I know. More houses roads apartments ect built in the last year than you can shake a stick at. Like TDA said last night how we heard from some on here how the Texas economy was gona tank and be at an all time low with the oil prices but we definitely aint seeing it around here and highly doubt we will anytime soon. Now if oil prices stay this way for long term ( which we all know they wont!) It might be a different story.

Good luck to all and hope it gets better for yall in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                What I mean is that you are a crybaby? You gripe and moan about the situation that you are in, because of your own CHOOSING. When someone offers you something, it is not good enough for you. You are out of a $125,000 job, but when someone offers you something making any kind of acceptable money, that is not good enough because it is not your precious job that you had before.

What is on my mind is that anyone who has the slightest, the VERY SMALLEST disagreement with you, is wrong simply because they don't see it the way you WANT them to see it. Your way is the only way and you refuse to see anyone else's point of view. You cannot and will not open your simple mind to see that someone else might have a point and might know what they are talking about. You are that guy that is never wrong and if you are, it is not your fault, but someone else's fault. You are the guy that belittles other people because they are happy that THEY are saving a little money at the pump. THEY ARE NOT HAPPY BECAUSE YOU ARE OUT OF WORK and you think that everyone that is happy because they save a few bucks every week is happy that you don't have a job. News flash bud, no one is happy that you are out of work or are not working where you can make $125,000. It is not about you, but simply about them and their family.

What I mean is that you come off as arrogant, egotistical, and self centered? You think that the oilfield is the only thing that matters and every other way of thinking is wrong and irrelevant because it does not relate to the oil patch. You are a self serving person and self righteous.

What I mean is that when you were making $125,000(+) because gas was $4.00 a gallon you did not even think how it impacted others. It was good for you, so it did not matter. Now that things are not as good for you, you want to get on a hunting forum and gripe and moan about oilfield jobs being cut and gas is so low and the economy is hurting because of these low oil prices and I know everything about economics because I got an "A" in a college class and whoever does not agree with me is wrong even if they have data to back it up.

You are a self serving, condescending tough guy behind this thing we call the green screen. No one is happy that anyone is out of a job. Heaven forbid that anyone be happy that they don't have to pay $3.75 at the pump to fill up their truck or car, because it hurts your feelings. I mean, hell, who would not be happy that they can now fill up for $1.85 as opposed to $3.75. Who in their right mind would rather pay more for something when they can get it for less? You make all of feel that we are wrong simply because I like to pay less for a gallon of gas.

Here is something that I am sure is news to you as well. It is not about you. I am not happy that you are out of a job. I am not happy that your family and others are struggling. I, I, I, I am happy because it does not cost $95 to fill up my truck. It has everything to do with ME and nothing to do with you. The world is not all about you and how you feel. I am sorry that you are struggling right now and I can say that. I never heard anything from any of you oil patch guys when the MAJORITY of America was struggling and you were raking in the dough. I am SURE that not one ounce of concern was given to the rest of the country who was struggling because you were living the life and had nothing to worry about. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, you come on here and act all high and mighty and holier than thou. It is ironic that you call others in this thread Internet Jesus, yet you think your poop does not stink. Well, man, sorry to tell you, but it does. You are not better than anyone on here. Not now and not when you were making all the money.

Show me my little cheap pops. PLEASE! Put my quotes somewhere in this thread. Where I said anything negative about people or families that are struggling. Don't spout off something that you cannot back up, something that you do a lot. Give me something. Go get your TPS reports done and make sure you put a cover page on them this time!

And PRAYERS sent up for all those that are struggling and whose families are experiencing a hard time right now. I hope it all turns around for the better!

Got to give this

Comment

mic drop

Comment

In

Comment

Originally posted by kenfa03 View Post
                      In

Hopefully to be here for more than the bickering

Would rather everyone take that to PMs if it's gotta happen

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        Awesome gesture man The economy in centeral Texas is BOOMING! And I did say booming come take a drive around the Round Rock Georgetown Cedar Park Austin Leander and even the small town of Liberty Hill I grew up in and then tell me how bad the economy is from low oil prices. We have more work than we have had in years and that goes for about every contractor or builder I know. More houses roads apartments ect built in the last year than you can shake a stick at. Like TDA said last night how we heard from some on here how the Texas economy was gona tank and be at an all time low with the oil prices but we definitely aint seeing it around here and highly doubt we will anytime soon. Now if oil prices stay this way for long term ( which we all know they wont!) It might be a different story.

Good luck to all and hope it gets better for yall in the future.
                        That's all true but does the Austin Metro area really count towards Texas' economy as a whole. Austin is the least affected city and area from the oil crash. Just my IMO though.

Comment

some people seem to forget this thread never had anything to do with celebrating low gas prices. Or "just stopping by to say, hey I'm not a bad guy because I like cheap gas, but prayers for you and your family, but you shouldn't have bought X, Y and Z and you made so much money, you should have saved."

once again... go start your own thread.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Blah blah blah. You started off dead wrong with your first paragraph. You know about as much as I know about you. I don't know your situation. You don't know mine. I'm not crying about anything. I'm making as much now as I did in the oilfield or on pipelines. I don't like being confined like I am now. That's all. But I'll do it from now on if I have to.

Now as far as what I chose. I'm 3rd generation oil. It's all I know. It chose me.

My crap will make the tiles pop up it stinks so bad. So when you get the slightest clue of who I am, or what I'm about holla. But unless you know me personally it's all just, yak yak yak. No wonder our kids are turning out to be pansies with people like you teaching em.

There is other data, if you'll look, that totally contradicts what you non oil boys are saying. You're not oil anyway. Step off and go wipe down basketballs dude. HAVE A NICE DAY!!! [emoji12][emoji12][emoji23][emoji23]

Somebody is a crybaby all right. Sorry I hurt those lil feelins. Go for a ride in your Prius this evening and listen to Elton John. You'll be fine. [emoji1417]
                            Last edited by JW; 05-03-2016, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                              mic drop

Yeah, he fumbled it and dropped it alright. I so wish I could unload on here and not get banned. [emoji111]

Comment

U can..I'll give you a free pass..pinky swear

Comment

Working...
                                X