No announcement yet.

Santa Fe School shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting here trying to clam my nerves. My son Clay was one of the students that was shot. He just got out of surgery and is doing well. He will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. I'm not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into. Thanks for all your prayers. I'll try and keep everyone updated. Go home and hug your kids tonight.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      We need people that do their jobs. People that STAY involved with their Children. We need people to stop ridiculing and tormenting others. We need more social / physical activity for our Children.

There is no one cure all fix ...
      I agree with a lot of this. This is a social issue. Not one that laws and metal detectors can cure.

I think i've posted this on here before and i'll probably get flamed for it but oh well. I think a lot of the problem is we teach our kids that they have no outlet for their emotions. Bullies have been around forever and will continue to be around forever. If a kid is getting bullied, he should do everything he can to beat the crap out of that bully. Instead, we tell them violence is never the answer, there's nothing they can do about it and often times medicate them which results in kids not knowing how to deal with emotions. I believe that type of stuff builds up to the kid being mentally disturbed/unstable.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        Sitting here trying to clam my nerves. My son Clay was one of the students that was shot. He just got out of surgery and is doing well. He will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. I'm not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into. Thanks for all your prayers. I'll try and keep everyone updated. Go home and hug your kids tonight.

Hoggslayer
        Man oh man! Prayers for Clay

Comment

And we just sit here, hoping and praying that it won't be our school the next time ( knowing there will be a next time )

In a few days this will all calm down....and back to our daily routines. Nothing will get done by the folks who could make the changes to protect our children.

And the....."BREAKING NEWS>>>>>SCHOOL SHOOTING"

Repeat.

I've had enough!
          Last edited by Traildust; 05-18-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Hoggslayer
            Prayers to your son and family. Let us know if you need anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hoggslayer
              Prayers up brother!

Comment

Sitting here trying to clam my nerves. My son Clay was one of the students that was shot. He just got out of surgery and is doing well. He will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. I'm not looking forward to the circus side show this is into. Thanks for all your prayers. I'll try and keep everyone updated. Go home and hug your kids tonight.

Hoggslayer

Dang Jay!!! Prayers sent!! You need anything hollar.

Comment

Hoggslayer
                  Jesus man, prayers up for your son and your family.

Comment

Hoggslayer
                    Anything we can do - please let us know

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                      Can’t just blame it all on parenting. There are some people that cant be fixed.
                      In 1979, when I was 14, my dad took me to a drive in theatre to see the original "Mad Max" movie.. He threw the speaker on the ground and drove out 10 minutes in to the movie. He said "son I will not let you watch that kind of garbage"..... That's how it's done.. I love that man...

The stuff that kids today are allowed to participate in, watch and are being taught, by parents and today's culture, makes that movie look like a Sesame Street cartoon.. Today's society, culture and teachings has created a MONSTER.... It's 100% on parents, schools and adult influences.... We tolerate too much.. Political correctness is straight from the pit of hell..

It's to late for the crying.. The ball has been set in motion.. No stopping it now.
                      It's going to get much worse. Get prepared..

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        I agree with a lot of this. This is a social issue. Not one that laws and metal detectors can cure.

I think i've posted this on here before and i'll probably get flamed for it but oh well. I think a lot of the problem is we teach our kids that they have no outlet for their emotions. Bullies have been around forever and will continue to be around forever. If a kid is getting bullied, he should do everything he can to beat the crap out of that bully. Instead, we tell them violence is never the answer, there's nothing they can do about it and often times medicate them which results in kids not knowing how to deal with emotions. I believe that type of stuff builds up to the kid being mentally disturbed/unstable.
                        Absolutely - and because of dumb ***** lawsuits and such, good people sit by and watch what's going on. Or for younger people, peer pressure and embarrassment take hold and they do not step up to intervene on behalf of others.

There are far more good kids than bullies. A group of 20 kids gets between the bully and his victim instead of videoing the ordeal and the issue gets resolved and the kid isnt driven to such harsh reactions.

Comment

Prayers Sent Jay.. how horrible.. can't even imagine.
                          Let us know if theres anything we can do.. in any way

Comment

whoops

Comment

Hoggslayer
                              Prayers Up and if y'all need anything let us know.

Comment

Hoggslayer
                                Dang brother, Prayers sent. If you need anything just let me know. I'm just down the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X