More Progress
    Attached Files

Comment

more
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

You going back with the bottom trim??? If not I have a couple pieces I would love to get from you. My grandad's ol truck is missing a few. It is a 1970 C10 SWB as well.

Comment

Finally got everything uploaded up to date
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              You going back with the bottom trim??? If not I have a couple pieces I would love to get from you. My grandad's ol truck is missing a few. It is a 1970 C10 SWB as well.
              Yea I am going back with the trim

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to repost pics. That's gonna be a nice ride. 67-72 is my favorite truck. 67SWB was my first truck. I hope to have another one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                  Thanks for taking the time to repost pics. That's gonna be a nice ride. 67-72 is my favorite truck. 67SWB was my first truck. I hope to have another one day.
                  Yea this project has been a long time coming. I have been wanting one since I started driving.

Comment

my favorite truck of all time

Comment

You gonna wake that 6.0 Gen3 up some or has it already been done? That LQ4 6.0 has 430hp/450tq just waiting to be had for cheap and still naturally aspirated on pump gas.
                      Make it a stroker and it's north of 500hp

Comment

[QUOTE=muzzlebrake;13109136]You gonna wake that 6.0 Gen3 up some or has it already been done? That LQ4 6.0 has 430hp/450tq just waiting to be had for cheap and still naturally aspirated on pump gas.
                        Make it a stroker and it's north of 500hp[/QUOTE

It was a early iron headed 6.0. So it has the long snout crank and gen 3 internals, It has all new bearings and rings, ported and polished 243 heads , Texas speed 224r cam and and valve springs, ls7 lifter s , 7.400 push rods , 8.1 liter injectors , new oil pump ported , new water pump . It has a 4l80e with the transgo shift kit. This is what all has been done to the motor and I am still on the fence of where I am going to go from here. My original plan was single turbo ls with around 650hp to the wheels but may back off of that idea. Gonna Drive it as is for now and go from there.

Comment

[quote=keestan31;13110065]
                          Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          You gonna wake that 6.0 Gen3 up some or has it already been done? That LQ4 6.0 has 430hp/450tq just waiting to be had for cheap and still naturally aspirated on pump gas.
                          Make it a stroker and it's north of 500hp[/QUOTE

It was a early iron headed 6.0. So it has the long snout crank and gen 3 internals, It has all new bearings and rings, ported and polished 243 heads , Texas speed 224r cam and and valve springs, ls7 lifter s , 7.400 push rods , 8.1 liter injectors , new oil pump ported , new water pump . It has a 4l80e with the transgo shift kit. This is what all has been done to the motor and I am still on the fence of where I am going to go from here. My original plan was single turbo ls with around 650hp to the wheels but may back off of that idea. Gonna Drive it as is for now and go from there.
                          Pretty stout motor as is. Would be curious what it dynos. Maybe 450 or so with good dyno tune?

Comment

sweet!!

Comment

BTW, them small chamber 243 heads gave it a good compression bump too. Good torque boost on low and mid range.

Comment

[quote=muzzlebrake;13110119]
                                Originally posted by keestan31 View Post

Pretty stout motor as is. Would be curious what it dynos. Maybe 450 or so with good dyno tune?
                                Yea the guy I got it from did the motor work and said it was right at 450

Comment

Working...
                                X