No announcement yet.

Costal skinny water chariot overhaul #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what can a guy pick up a sled like that for in "rough/rebuild" shape? I would think it would make a good all around boat for what I do...

Comment

They are hard to find. Even harder with a title. The majek I found for sale on the side of the road in seadrift and the mowdy was the result of my frequent Craig's list browsing.

Comment

if you dont mind my asking, what did you originally pay for the boat?

Comment

400$ and it cost 90$ for title work.

I'm happy with that considering that the same boat,new and fully rigged is almost 13,000$

Comment

That's an absolute steal

Comment

Road tripping!!

If today goes well I will have a trailer for the mowdy and might even catch a fish in the blanco!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Meet some good tbh'ers today! Sold a band saw and picked up a trailer. Weather turned super nasty so we didn't get to fish the blanco but it's still mission accomplished. Got full on BBQ too!

So now I have a side project for my project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll get some of those Blanco trout that you left behind! Enjoyed meeting you and that chariot will look sweet perched on that trailer!

Comment

Yes sir. Thanks!!!!

Comment

Man I know next to nothing about boats other than I have some buddies that drop $30K+ on some ski ones so take what I ask next with that in mind.

That boat looks little and it's really flat on the bottom, like an old "John boat", is it for shallow water or creeks or something like that? I wouldn't think it'd take much chop to swamp it and there are no sides to speak of so wouldn't things like tackle and possibly people just..... slide out? I'm not being an *** here I'm really curious.

God bless and happy fishing.
                        Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                          Man I know next to nothing about boats other than I have some buddies that drop $30K+ on some ski ones so take what I ask next with that in mind.

That boat looks little and it's really flat on the bottom, like an old "John boat", is it for shallow water or creeks or something like that? I wouldn't think it'd take much chop to swamp it and there are no sides to speak of so wouldn't things like tackle and possibly people just..... slide out? I'm not being an *** here I'm really curious.

God bless and happy fishing.
                          Richard.

This is a specialty boat designed for the Texas coast. It's made to run what we call the flats, endless miles of back water that is inches deep. This boat is designed to run through the skinny stuff to reach the deeper pockets that a typical boat can't get to. It's not intended for deep water with waves or chop in it. It's a tool and must be used within its limits. It has a sealed hull. If you could submerge it, it would pop right back up. Unless punctured it can't be sank. You certainly can throw passengers or yourself out of it. Just like anything else, be careful and don't act a fool! really you can throw people out of any boat in the right conditions. The flat bottom has more surface area which equals greater stability and less draft. The channels in the bottom are designed to funnel water back to the Motor, it gathers water as you go lifting itself up and feeding the prop to create propulsion. Lots of though and engineering has gone into the texas flats boats. Nothing else in the world runs like them but at the same time they don't preform well just anywhere.

Comment

This isnt an s10 but it makes a great point!!!

We were testing to see just how shallow our 21' Shallow Sport could run. This proves that the Shallow Sport boat will run in just shy of no water at all.

Comment

Humidity and temps are hard to work around but I THINK the last coat of ice blue went on today!!

Hope it still looks good in the daytime!

Next up is the wetlander.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X