No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went last weekend. Topped off protein and cottonseed feeders. It snowed almost 1 inch Friday night on the drive in. Woke up Saturday morning to a winter wonderland. By noon Saturday all the snow had melted.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
      Went last weekend. Topped off protein and cottonseed feeders. It snowed almost 1 inch Friday night on the drive in. Woke up Saturday morning to a winter wonderland. By noon Saturday all the snow had melted.
      man, crazy how diverse this Texas weather can be!

Comment

A few pics of the snow last weekend.

Comment

I heard it had snowed down there. Well there went our winter prob time for spring now

I have a meeting out west of Angelo next week, will be good to be back out west for a couple days!

Comment

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Daaaang I did not hear that it snowed. Cool deal!

We are headed out the 2/25 weekend to fill and make some camp upgrades.. plus brush in some of our turkey ground blinds.

Comment

Made a quick day trip to grab my ranger and top off feeders. Deer are looking fat and happy. My son found a nice shed on a new place I just leased, so that made his day.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice shed. It's always fun seeing a good shed sticking up out of the grass.

Comment

Any one have an update on the fire close to Christoval

Comment

UhOh!

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
                        Any one have an update on the fire close to Christoval
                        I think it was a prescribed burn at the end of Allen Rd. I saw on Facebook the fire is out now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                          I think it was a prescribed burn at the end of Allen Rd. I saw on Facebook the fire is out now.
                          I think so too. I was watching it today while putting out feed. Got 2 tons of protein put out today and delivered 3 tons of cottonseed yesterday and will be filling baskets tomorrow. Deer look to be in pretty good shape already hopefully some timely rains and feed will treat them well

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            It was a pretty good thread in 2016 again and with protein, cottonseed, alfalfa, turkey and coon killing season coming up it's time to start a new one.

Post up your pics and stories fellas as usual. Hunts, trail camera pics, LDPs, work weekends, new projects, food, drinks, coons and other varmint carnages are all welcome! The more participation (and last year was a great example) the better the thread. Here's to a bountiful 2017 for us Angelo area hunters!
                            Ain't no deer in Angelo!!! Tom Green, Coke, Sterling, etc, no deer, none. Stay in north Texas where all the deer get HUGE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              I think so too. I was watching it today while putting out feed. Got 2 tons of protein put out today and delivered 3 tons of cottonseed yesterday and will be filling baskets tomorrow. Deer look to be in pretty good shape already hopefully some timely rains and feed will treat them well
                              Good deal and your right the deer got a very good start antlers should look good I have been noticing more deer dropping this past week on my covert
                              Last edited by RRagan83; 02-09-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

That chance for rain next week would be nicely timed if we get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X