Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
    FIFY

Seriously- I always wondered how many snakes these attract though. Anyone have any experience with them?
    Ok, I have to ask because I have always wondered. Why does everyone think this type of blind will have such a big snake problem? In order for a snake to get in this blind, it will have to dig down a little over 2 feet, make a 90 degree turn, dig a little more, make a 90 degree turn, dig a little more, and then, successfully, be in the blind. Seems quite a bit easier to just stick its nose under a fold of fabric and crawl into a pop up? Seriously, in this blind, I worry way more about wasps and spiders in this blind than I do snakes but even they will have a hard time getting in.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG D View Post
      Ok, I have to ask because I have always wondered. Why does everyone think this type of blind will have such a big snake problem? In order for a snake to get in this blind, it will have to dig down a little over 2 feet, make a 90 degree turn, dig a little more, make a 90 degree turn, dig a little more, and then, successfully, be in the blind. Seems quite a bit easier to just stick its nose under a fold of fabric and crawl into a pop up? Seriously, in this blind, I worry way more about wasps and spiders in this blind than I do snakes but even they will have a hard time getting in.
      I think the door would be the weak link. If it's sealed tight then your probably right. I just think snake pit. I'm probably overthinking.

Comment

The door is the roof. Was at the lease today. No water or snakes inside so far.

Comment

Nice

Comment

How did this blind hold up with water coming inside?

Comment

big snakes man

Comment

How deep did you dig the hole?

Comment

Have you hunted from it yet?

Comment

They make reflective paint for tin roofs. Between that and being 3 feet under ground I think it will be great once you remove the 100 serpents that will make it their favorite Love Shack and Disco.

JK

Comment

I like it!

Comment

The blind has been out for almost 3 years now. No snakes as dry as a powder house inside.

Comment

The blind has been out for almost 3 years now. No snakes as dry as a powder house inside.
                          Awesome, thanks for the follow up on that. Looks like a great blind. Thinking about building one up against the back side of a tank dam. And sort of dig sideways into the dam

Comment

Sweet...

Comment

Cool blind, I built 3 in Wisconsin, I concreted the floors and mine only stuck out of the ground about 18 inches, and put a rubber roof on them, they work great for turkey's and deer, the animals tend to look right over the blind. Mine were hinged in the middle of the roof so I entered from the top. I also offset all 4 windows so the deer couldn't see movement inside. On the side of the roof that doesn't lift up I put a big stump, it ended up looking like a tree that blew over and pulled up the ground. I would build one down here but I don't like the snake factor that comes into play, not many rattlers in Wisco, too cold

Comment

Your lucky to be alive lol. When you get a chance,could you take another picture? I'd like to see it now that the grass has grown back.

Comment

Working...
                                X