X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why wouldn’t you fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
      I wish I knew if the law would back me. Thats what I dont know.
      If you want a legal opinion, pay for a legal opinion.

Comment

You need professional legal advise, not TBH especially since the neighbors appear not willing to work with you.

Comment

Imagine there are only two roads to take here, the high road, and the low road. This is water we're talking about, not a pipeline of deer corn. Take the high road. Fix it and move on, but let them know they need to start figuring out a way to get it rerouted.

Comment

Call lawyer, but looks like you have upper hand... my starting offer would be ill split cost of new fence and split cost of moving water with you... if you dont like that, looks like your buying easment... that easment cost the same as my new fence

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish I knew if the law would back me. Thats what I dont know.
              If you are a new landowner/weekender and the neighbors mentioned are locals or have a long term family name use caution. You may get a legal opinion that may work against you to grandfather them in. Right or wrong small communities have ways that most people might not agree with but it's the way works out sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                If you want a legal opinion, pay for a legal opinion.
                Tried. Waiting to hear back. Of course hes on vacation right now too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  my thoughts exactly ... fix, install a T and have your own water source
                  you get the idea
                  Yep. And you neighbor would be paying for your water at this faucet!😀

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                    If you are a new landowner/weekender and the neighbors mentioned are locals or have a long term family name use caution. You may get a legal opinion that may work against you to grandfather them in. Right or wrong small communities have ways that most people might not agree with but it's the way works out sometimes.
                    Its opposite. Ive owned my land longer and do live here. That place sat dormant for awhile. They've been there about 8 months. The speak no English so it really makes this situation tougher.

Comment

They can only run a new waterline if I give permission. The only way for them to access the rural water line is thru my place. Looks like Im gonna cap and move on.
                      I'm curious how this goes. Please keep us updated.

Comment

It's your waterline. Cut and cap it and let them know they can dig a well or buy an easement from you. That should get the ball rolling on your waterline issue and your fence issue

Comment

From your description it sounds like squatters and they may have run the line while your property was vacant.
                          You really need to get legal advise and stand your ground since they seem not willing to work with you for some reason, and the more I read, I'm starting to understand why.

Comment

I know with some utilities if they have been in place uncontested for a certain amount of years it becomes an automatic easement. I would definitely fix it as you can be held liable for the wasted water. Fix it then figure it out.

Comment

My non-legal opinion is that it's a bad idea to have neighbors who hate you. Try to find a solution that everyone can live with.

Comment

Play hard ball with them !!

Comment

Working...
                                X