No announcement yet.

New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Havent been there in 21 years, I know that cause my wife was very pregnant with our oldest daughter who turns 21 on 4th of july.
    Nasty place but had some great times there in my youth. Lol. Spent a few new years down on bourbon street and actually moved down there for the party for half a year.
    My best bud moved there after high school and first trip down remember getting lost and seperated in the french quarter due to outrunnig police in a foot chase. Lol. That was back in the day when the novelty shops sold hits of laughing gas for a dollar.
    When wife and I went we hit the aquarium, really likec it and well worth checking out. The rig display was real cool.

Comment

It's a fun place but I would never live there. We've been there maybe five times and are willing to go back for sure. Just be smart and you'll be fine.

Comment

Wife is from there. Got married there and go back all the time. If you use your head 99% it will be all good. Uber or take a cab anywhere you need to go at night. Try and stay around other people, whether you know them or not. Most people will get into trouble turning onto a small side street where nobody is. It's a city that has incredible history, food and culture. I wouldn't want to live there but I do enjoy it in moderation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was there once I the place has some pretty architecture.

Live music around almost every corner and good atmosphere..

Go and have fun but just get to hotel early

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
            Was there once I the place has some pretty architecture.

Live music around almost every corner and good atmosphere..

Go and have fun but just get to hotel early

Yep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
              I lived down there 28 years ago. My daughter and her boyfriend's family are headed down there tomorrow. I wasn't real thrilled, but they will be staying in La Place, north of 61 so at least from that standpoint they should be fine. I told her that you can go from mansions to ghettos in the blink of an eye, so they need to make sure they know where they are going. Staying with the usual tourist traps should be relatively safe. I really don't know what the attraction is but I lived there for seven years.
              I live about 15 minutes from LaPlace. It's not much better than new orleans

Comment

I find it odd some of you say stay around other people, don't stay out late, etc then say it's a great place. It's a cesspool.

Comment

Originally posted by LAbow View Post
                  I live about 15 minutes from LaPlace. It's not much better than new orleans
                  Hahaha. Yeah, La Place isn't exactly the nice suburbs..

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

New Orleans is an amazing place, nothing like it in the world. Just stay in the well lit areas and off of Bourbon street after 3AM. Oyster po boy at Domilisie's. You will thank me. WW2 museum is incredible if you are into that sort of thing.

Comment

OP .... go and have a good time. Definitely do the WWII museum , Jackson Square, street car ride down St Charles ave., and beignets at Cafe du Monde

Born & raised in NOLA .... I go back a few times a year mainly for the live music and food , as others have stated "use your head when in the Fr Qtr area." Nothing good happens past midnight !

K-Paul's, GW Fins , and Jacques IMO's (call as you may need reservations) are just a few great places for dinner.

Essence Festival is this weekend so the entire city area will be packed
                      Last edited by Cajun Blake; 07-01-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I love NOLA, not Bourbon St. Bourbon Street is nasty has nothing to offer me. As mentioned, lots of great restaurants and things to see and do.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT_TRAIL View Post
                          I thought it was a **** hole and don't plan to ever visit again. If you go out at night be prepared for anything. Especially Obama's Sons.
                          Pretty crappy remark there bud. Now we all know where you stand...

Comment

Daughter and son in law live in Slidell, just north of the city. We go down several times a year. Can't beat the eats down there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

New Orleans is a fun and trashy town. Bourbon Street reeks of vomit but what do you expect from a street with nonstop booze and whatever goes, unless you get caught, atmosphere. Street entertainers can be fun and enjoyable. Food is awesome. On your way to Lafitte's, you'll pass through the rainbow region. Interesting scene to say the least. If ya like a good goth club, The Dungeon opens at 9. Cafe du Monde is best done at night. No waiting. The Gumbo Shop in the quarter has delicious gumbo. Hurricanes at Pat Obriens are over rated and $23 a glass. You can return the glass to get a couple of bucks back. Avenue Pub is a must stop if you like bourbon, scotch or whiskey. Last time I was there they had 12 yo Rip van Winkle and Stagg plus many other hard to find brands.

Comment

Liberal racist crime ridden craphole

Comment

Working...
                                X