Thread: The Elk Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 06:17 PM   #4672
Chris Martin
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP View Post
Three sleeps and then Im gone! Shot great out to 80 this morning with broadheads. Im kind of pivoting on areas though, going to be hot. Was going to focus on some way off areas that the biologist recommended, but going solo Im afraid four trips in that weather may cause some spoilage. Going to the dark stuff and find cooler temps in the pines. Well see what happens.

It's been warmer than it normally is suppose to be right now. I'm seeing anywhere between 20-100 elk a day since Friday. Mostly moving first and last light.
Got on a bull that is still bugling pretty good, but he's with about 60 cows and other little bulls. He's a 5x6 280"ish middle aged bull. Literally had 50 elk in bow range this am, but he stayed out at 100 yds. Only bull I've heard bugle. Had opps at a few little guys, but have been trying to hold out for something bigger. Water has been key if you can find somewhere that's secluded. I only brought 1 trailcam, wish I had brought more to get down their pattern. Pic is of a smaller bull in the herd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chris Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top