Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 to 25 yrds

Comment

Great at 20. Practice at 30, occasionally 40 but will never be able to dedicate the time to shoot at 40-100 yards and have good groups. I won’t shoot at a deer over 25 yards

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
        I took to the school of thought of shooting at "actual" yardage - i.e. most animals are not going to be at exactly 25 yards or 30 yards - so my pins are set for 17-27-37-etc.-etc

that being said - my comfort zone for killing is 27-37
        60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

i shoot my best at 100-135 yards, i hunt at 10-40,,, makes those shots real easy...... the real long range forces concentration and shot execution, i miss i usually loose an arrow,,, its been 4 years since i missed

Comment

30 and in with the stick, with the compound I'm a .75 ish moa guy if I had to break it down. I shoot to 140 on the range every session.

That said I'm holding the recurve more and more.

Comment

What distance do you shoot best at?

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              I am really not a very good shot to begin with. But I shoot better from 25-30 and then 30-35 than I do at 20-25. Then I am better at 50-60 than 40-50. Whats the deal?

Both my Robin Hoods have been at 60. Both were pure luck I would imagine.

I don't shoot traditional, just a wheeled bow.

What is your favorite or perfect yardage? Either with trad or compound?

I set all my bow stands around 30 yards right in my wheel house.

I would say mine is 30 yards.

I can not shoot a bow for years and pick one up and stack arrows at 20 yards. Get me in a tree 15 feet up and I can’t hit the broad side of a barn when shooting at a deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With all my set ups I feed at 20 yards. I personally won't shoot past 30 but that's just me I'm not real comfortable shooting past 30 at a live animal buck fever tends to make me a little shaky. I can 4" groups at 60 on a foam target but with a live animal no telling where I would hit at 60. In pretty sure I have target panic when it comes to shooting a live animal.

Comment

As many of the others, I try to stay at 20, 30 maximum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                    I don't think he's talking about what distance you feel comfortable shooting an animal at, but what distance do you shoot best at. For some reason I can stack arrows at 50 yards almost better than I can at 20. 30 and 40 yards are small paper plate size groups. 60 yards is large paper plate.
                    Good clarification. I like to shoot at 50, it challenges me to improve my form and tweak my tuning. Then it makes shooting at 20 - 30 so much easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X