Clear All

Sweet!!

Comment

So beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Closetohome View Post
        [ATTACH]766208[/ATTACH]

Just this one Kevin. Not a big cat by any means but to do it with archery gear in sub zero weather with my future brother in laws in one hell hole of a canyon made it special. You can see how gnarly the canyon was in the background. Hike out was torture.

On a side note...this is also what happens when you start a hike with a 300mm with a 1.4x converter attached...you pray that somebody else has a camera that zooms for the LDP.

Off topic, but what kind of dog? Your dog?

Comment

BIG kitty!

Comment

I would have never thought of taking a camera on a trip like that but I'm glad you did!

Comment

I am going to the Mescalero Apache Reservation in a couple of weeks as I purchased a tag there. I have never hunted this rez but looks like the terrain is not too rough (for lion country).
              I hunt the Navajo quite a bit and have some dogs up there with some of the locals. They treed a lion couple days ago and it was so steep that they could not get within 250 yards of the tree when on the same elevation. They were able to get over the tree and shoot video of the lion.
              One of the most important things to teach a dog is to be called off the tree. Thank goodness the boys know that and were able to call the dogs off because they could not get to them to lead them away.
              Adios,
              gary

Comment

Awesome photo and a dream hunt of mine.

Comment

Great pic !!

Comment

Thanks everyone. This picture is now blown up hanging in my office. People that walk in my office call it intimidating.

In January I entered the photo in the open category of Duncan Gilchrist photo contest at the Wild Sheep Show in Reno and received 3rd place. It will be published in the Spring Issue of Wild Sheep magazine. Always nice to get recognition for a hobby that you are passionate about.

Comment

Great pic

Comment

Guess I missed this the first time around. Great photo!

Comment

That is an incredible shot. Never had the chance to see one in person other than a zoo.

Comment

That is an awesome Picture!

Comment

Amazing pic!!!

Comment

What an amazing pic!

Comment

Working...
                                X