Age? Deer named High Rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
    I made all the same assessments. The last pic shows a protruding brisket which also denotes older age (6+). Also, I have noticed when hunting S. TX and Mexico, as a deer gets past maturity, they're drop tines tended to diminish or go away entirely.
    I have noticed the opposite on some places in South Texas with droptines...they seem to add them or more of them as they age. I have culled several bucks at post mature ages that never had a droptine when they were younger and added them the year they were killed. IME a lot of one year and done droptines are caused by injury at younger ages.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      His right side was weak last year as well, not sure why though
      Do you get a lot of bucks with one side weaker with the opposite side normal? Reason I ask is because on a ranch in La Salle County we had quite a few bucks that would have a lopsided or weak-sided rack on one side. The other side would be normal. That ranch also had a lot of bucks that one side would have a weak G2, good G3 and really good G4 then on the other side have a really good G2, good G3 and really weak G4. This was not on just one or two bucks but a lot of bucks. Seen it on a few bucks on other ranches but never to the amount on this one ranch.

Comment

The first thing I noticed was the front knees, look really arthidic!

Comment

Looks mature, not really sure of the history but might need a whackin! That dagger could e dangerous and if he's throwing the same spike on that side each year he needs to go

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
            6+....but the clown that will age/score him will probably say 4.5!
            Dang you and Brett must of not got along to well. Seriously, he's always been spot on with tooth wear or within a year. We have a lot of teeth sent off to verify.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
              Do you get a lot of bucks with one side weaker with the opposite side normal? Reason I ask is because on a ranch in La Salle County we had quite a few bucks that would have a lopsided or weak-sided rack on one side. The other side would be normal. That ranch also had a lot of bucks that one side would have a weak G2, good G3 and really good G4 then on the other side have a really good G2, good G3 and really weak G4. This was not on just one or two bucks but a lot of bucks. Seen it on a few bucks on other ranches but never to the amount on this one ranch.
              Not much of a problem here with weaker sides on bucks.

Comment

6 plus

Comment

we had a buck similar to yours - he had the same type rack even when he was younger
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X