Post your abstract Runner up pics here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary,

I'd love to take credit but I have not been given the baking gene. I'm fair but Callie is the mastermind behind the baking. LOL.

I'll see if I can coax Callie into doing something up for nanza!

Comment

Comment

my 2nd photo

my 2nd photo
        Attached Files

Comment

I really liked this broken glass photo, but I decided the one I selected was more "abstract." This looks best of you click for the large version.

And this one is of Christmas lights wrapped around a tree.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Rob, you got some excellent shots. Submitting just one must have been a very hard decision for you! It was a very hard decision for me. I was torn between the images I "liked" the best and the ones I thought best fit the definition of an "abstract" photo.

I'm still not sure any of them fit the definition.

Comment

Courtney...80% of your work simply screams ABSTRACT! I LIKEY...numero uno and the last dos...perfect!

My work typically screams AFLAC but......every now and then I do remember the 80s

Comment

And I forgot to add....Wildman doesn't need the white pill this week Court Court......I think TBH kept him in check today

Comment

I don't really have any runners up this time. Got home late from work and snapped a few pics trying to get something at least worthy to even post. Really just got the one that I'd even consider. Had lots of ideas, but just didn't have the time to try to execute this time. I still plan to try them though.

Comment

Look at all the pretty colors

Don't scan through it too fast or you may have a epileptic fit

Comment

Some of the ones I was chosing from.

All taken with long exposure using a cordless drill to spin the lightsticks.

Comment

I'm in Los Angeles and didn't drag my camera . Luckily, my business partner did. We spent some time admiring the Disney Concert Hall. What an impressive facility. I snapped a couple with his Nikon D200 while there.

Comment

Here is a link to my setup for this...

Here is the setup I used for the water droplets. If you view full size, you can see the drops focused in the LCD using the 40D "Live View" mode. You can see the glass resting on the cups, which are resting on the chairs. I used an ironing board (since I can adjust it up/down) to get the subject positioned behind the glass at the right height. I used anywhere from F9 - F25, but found it varied depending on what angle/subject I was using. For this particular picture ( www.flickr.com/photos/huntingdesigns/2626952442/ ) I used a nasal spray bottle filled with water to make individual drops. The pictures with TONS of drops I used a spray bottle.

Comment

Working...
                                X