Tuning issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
    Paper tuned it and it was shooting Bullet holes!
    i usually will have a to take my bow out of "paper tune" to broadhead tune. if that's the head you want to shoot then just tune for it. they make a great product and complaints on flight are few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
      i usually will have a to take my bow out of "paper tune" to broadhead tune. if that's the head you want to shoot then just tune for it. they make a great product and complaints on flight are few and far between.
      I have the slick trick magnum, muzzy,, g5 striker flying straight up to 65 yards, I think it's broadhead tuned, don't you?

Comment

I have the slick trick magnum, muzzy,, g5 striker flying straight up to 65 yards, I think it's broadhead tuned, don't you?
        There is no way to broadhead tune them, they won't group .
        They start planing at 25 yards..

Don't know what else to do, I have the correct spine and helical . I don't have contact with fletching ex...
        What else can I do?
        Last edited by Bowhunter1994; 01-06-2013, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Look on the slicktrick website and they have a section about tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
            To me, the papertuning is just a reference.

From my experience I always have to make a slight adjustment to shoot BH's true with FP's.

Therefore, my papertear with be a little off. Usually just a touch left.

If you have no confidence if the Grizz, don't shoot them. If your other heads are shooting lights out, then tip your stick with those and spill some blood!
            I can't broadhead tune, the grizztrick 2 doesn't always hit the same spot when I shoot it, it can hit to the left one shot then high the next... I don't understand it...
            Any help?

Comment

As suggested, spin these them. Also, take them apart and rebuild them. I have seen that help in some cases. And if you magnums will shoot to 65 and group, then the grizz tricks should too. Unless they are different weight BHs.

Comment

I can't broadhead tune, the grizztrick 2 doesn't always hit the same spot when I shoot it, it can hit to the left one shot then high the next... I don't understand it...
                Any help?
                Try putting the head on a different arrow shaft and see if that changes things.

Comment

Any help?
                  You probably have some wobble....from what your'e saying it's not your insert, as aluminum inserts can have an unever face soemtimes.

IMO, your broadheads are either not flat where it meets your insert, or the blades are unbalanced.

As suggested above, try rebuilding them and see how they shoot. Also, are you swapping arrows to see if the problem is with your arrow?

Sometimes you need to nock tune your arrow to get the best grouping. But, as you stated you're having sporadic grouping, which makes me think it's wobble/uneven mating surfaces.

Get two similar coffee cups, or sups with deep loop handles and put your arrow on the top of the handle. Spin it a little and see if your BH is wobbling.

Comment

yes, for those heads. in a perfect world in a perfectly tuned bow all heads would fly the same. but my exp. has been that every now and again adjustments have to be made to tune certain types of heads. as others have mentioned you may have an assembly issue that is being magnified by the heads design leading to your frustration.

Comment

Tuning issue

Okay guys I finally got them shooting like FP, it took me a while but I got it. I have only shot them up to 25 yards because I ran out of shooting light last evening. I am very happy with these new heads and am gonna hopefully try and shoot something today after work!

Comment

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of fine tuning your draw weight as a final step in broadhead tuning. The final draw weight tuning will get you the most consistent results at all your ranges.

I've seen folks tune out to 50 yards only microadjusting their rests. Then come back to 25 only to have things worse and start pulling their hair out.

When you try 35 yards. If you are just hitting left or right. Try turning the draw weight up or down a little first before you touch the rest. If you have a height difference adjust your nock point until you only have left or right error before you touch anything else.

Comment

Working...
                        X