Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stand corrected....

Page XI....Page 91

Shotgun for Squirrel with no closed season gets us all the blaze orange. Turkey and duck hunters are exempt.

Comment

Briar Friar, Several years ago the Granger Land owned by the COE was managed by the COE and supervised by the TPWD. You needed a COE permit. Now the TPWD has leased the Granger COE land and it is part of the Public Hunting Lands Program. It used to be Granger WMA and now it is Granger PHL. Permit required. Hunter Orange is required because Granger allows firearms (shotguns) to be used year round for squirrels. Some public lands archery hunters do not need hunter orange except during firearm season, however Granger is firearm season 12 months out of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
        I stand corrected....

Page XI....Page 91

Shotgun for Squirrel with no closed season gets us all the blaze orange. Turkey and duck hunters are exempt.
        That's what you get for questioning me, never question me!

Ask anyone that knows me, I know everything!

Comment

Chuck Norris goes to Rat for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by bho0351 View Post
            Hahaha. Awesome.

Comment

No one questions him - especially when running a boat up river!!!

But seriously, rules are rules. They require blaze for a reason. I now put some blaze orange tape on my pop-up stands after some dumb***** shot an arrow through one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                That's what you get for questioning me, never question me!

Ask anyone that knows me, I know everything!

This is true!

HA!

Comment

Makes me wish we still had signatures!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                    Makes me wish we still had signatures!

Lol!!

Comment

Thanks for the guidance Rat.

Just to clarify...Granger is a permit by APH only....not something you go to the Granger Lake COE HQ and purchase or submit for draw or fill out application.

Anybody find it ironic that shotgun hunters are exempt from wearing blaze orange...and bow hunters do.

How many folk know somebody that has actively hunted and bagged a squirrel by shot gun at Granger?

Anybody seen the Eurasian collared duck honey hole?....its right next to the feral hog honey hole.
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-11-2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Every time I've seen a squirrel out there it disappears in seconds like houdini

Comment

I've seen plenty of shotgun hulls littering the woods out there, presumably from squirrel shots. There are a few fox squirrels around the Spot and east of Gate 7. I shot one of them a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
                            I've seen plenty of shotgun hulls littering the woods out there, presumably from squirrel shots. There are a few fox squirrels around the Spot and east of Gate 7. I shot one of them a couple weeks ago.
                            Nice. Did you eat it? If so, how'd you cook it? There's more meat on those critters than I thought there'd be.

Comment

Back when Granger had hogs i did see a shotgun hunter who blasted a few squirrels. Again, that was back when Granger had hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                                Nice. Did you eat it? If so, how'd you cook it? There's more meat on those critters than I thought there'd be.

It was my first time eating squirrel, and turned out quite tasty! I made a simple squirrel pot pie. You're right, lots of meat on them. Especially the shoulders, compared to a rabbit.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436644050.489285.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	24390965
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436644138.981243.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	24390966

Comment

Working...