TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photography (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Couple of Recent Bests.. Elk/Deer (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=665960)

Leftridge 10-16-2017 12:50 PM

Couple of Recent Bests.. Elk/Deer
 
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fc0d1323f5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e407731eb3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...22ee1e09bc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f16e42a013.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...81a4c662f9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fb6741227b.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hawkpuppy 1 10-16-2017 01:43 PM

Very nice....

texaslongshot 10-16-2017 01:44 PM

great pics

DEG 10-16-2017 01:48 PM

Beautiful buck

bps3040 10-16-2017 01:51 PM

Great pics

Casey 10-16-2017 01:54 PM

You're killing it? Sigma lens?

Leftridge 10-16-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey (Post 12827474)
You're killing it? Sigma lens?

haha.. yes man.. every single one... there are maybe two in my insta that aren't that 150-600..lol

mikemorvan 10-16-2017 04:03 PM

Very nice.

ATX Tyler 10-16-2017 05:41 PM

These are fantastic. What is your body/lens combo if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like the Sigma 150-600, but is it the sport or contemporary? I've been eyeing a longer lens than my 100-400 Canon.

Chad C 10-17-2017 10:56 AM

Good stuff lefty! That big 8 is awesome!

Hawkpuppy 1 10-17-2017 11:13 AM

I ordered the Tamron 150-600mm for my Canon and should be here Thursday. can't wait to try it out!

SFAbowhunter 10-17-2017 11:21 AM

Great shots!

Leftridge 10-17-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATX Tyler (Post 12828246)
These are fantastic. What is your body/lens combo if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like the Sigma 150-600, but is it the sport or contemporary? I've been eyeing a longer lens than my 100-400 Canon.



Itís the 150-600S and the body is a Canon 5DMK4

I dropped the 150-600 C in the pool earlier in the year but it took equally good pics!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ATX Tyler 10-17-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leftridge (Post 12830757)
Itís the 150-600S and the body is a Canon 5DMK4

I dropped the 150-600 C in the pool earlier in the year but it took equally good pics!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is a bummer about the pool! I can't get over how awesome these pictures turned out, I've got to get my hands on one of those lenses. Did you notice any differences in auto focus speed or accuracy swapping from the C to the S?

I'm shooting a 7D MarkII, and it's been great for wildlife photography so far. Eventually I'll go full frame, but in the meantime, I'm trying to build on what I've got and keep learning.

Leftridge 10-17-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATX Tyler (Post 12832282)
That is a bummer about the pool! I can't get over how awesome these pictures turned out, I've got to get my hands on one of those lenses. Did you notice any differences in auto focus speed or accuracy swapping from the C to the S?



I'm shooting a 7D MarkII, and it's been great for wildlife photography so far. Eventually I'll go full frame, but in the meantime, I'm trying to build on what I've got and keep learning.



You wonít notice a focusing difference in the lenses, just the body.. I was shooting a 70D before and it has amazing focusing, as does the Mk4 so it was seemless for me.. The Sigma lens is just amazing.. That said, I deal with grain though imagenomic noiseware and it helps the picture quality look better, so itís not all in the lenses and body..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pullersboy 10-17-2017 09:06 PM

Wow. Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Snakelover 10-18-2017 08:23 AM

Beautiful photos!

Kurdawg 10-18-2017 01:39 PM

Nice

Outlaw_6 10-19-2017 10:50 AM

Nice pics!

McLain_Cody 10-30-2017 11:11 PM

nice pics and great animals!

Codyo250 12-22-2017 02:08 PM

Nice deer

Tomkat70 12-22-2017 02:24 PM

Beautiful pics

MySRT8U 12-22-2017 02:37 PM

how much for a print of each of those bull elk photos. They would look wonderful on the wall of my office!

Leftridge 12-23-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySRT8U (Post 13037261)
how much for a print of each of those bull elk photos. They would look wonderful on the wall of my office!



Depends on the size. Usually I just do an image release and you can print it yourself at any good print company like MPix. If your serious, shoot me a PM


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wood Man 12-28-2017 06:22 AM

Beautiful photography.

burlisb 12-28-2017 06:55 AM

Nice pictures

sierracharlie338 01-02-2018 09:57 PM

Great pics buddy!

Mellisa 01-07-2018 05:25 AM

I really like your photo!

WyoBull 01-07-2018 09:52 AM

Very nice shots, well done! I have the Tamron 150-600 on my Nikon D700. It it amazing with the vibration reduction what kind of photos you can get hand holding this lens. A lot of friends I have up here are using this same lens.
The lens that used to be on my body most of the time was the Nikon 70-200 2.8. Now it sits in the backpack most of the time and my 150-600 has taken center stage the majority of the time when I am shooting wildlife.
For the money, this lens can't be beat.

tmkrueger 01-07-2018 10:08 AM

Great pictures.

Hoss163 01-07-2018 10:22 AM

Awesome pictures


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com