Politics Shmolotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Politics Shmolotics

Hey yall. Didn't even know this was a forum, stumbled upon it, decided to procrastinate. Gotta final tomorrow, do not want to study.

I'm a graduate student at the Baker Institute for Public Policy at Rice. Not that I'm more qualified than anyone else on here to open a thread on this particular forum, but I do have access to some extremely intelligent people (Baker Institute is globally ranked as the #2 think tank on Politics and Energy). On a weekly basis, I'll walk by U.S. Congressmen and women, Chinese delegates(managed to photobomb a few), Presidential candidates in other countries etc etc. Gosh dang **** (D.I.C.K.)Cheney swung by the other day with the President of Hess.

Just wanted to add to this forum, and say that its best to stay objective in all matters politics. Very well known Professor of mine testifies to Congress on a monthly basis, and comes back with all kinds of stories. Let me ask you something there reader guy, do you think that what you want is that much different than what any person of the opposite "party" wants? The only thing ya'll disagree on is the way in which to go about arriving at the SAME **** OUTCOME! Its frickin nuts man.

I honestly have the most trouble with people who cannot think for themselves, and just dry heave all this BS they hear from some media correspondent who studied 16th century art at some obscure university in BFE. The media outlets of today are extremely inefficient at fact finding and you will get no facts whatsoever from any mainstream media outlet. Would it benefit any journalist to actually take the time to uncover the facts, follow the policy, and then document the effects of it even 6 months after it has been approved!??? Heck to the no dude. They just report on what the "expectation" of it will be without any follow through whatsoever.

Antidote..read dude! https://www.bakerinstitute.org/research/

The media only only provides what the Democrat party tells them to provide.
    100% bs lies making the libs look good and 100% b s lies to make the republicans look bad. But I'll admit the republicans do a fairly good job making themselves look like fools the last 10 years.
    As for the media credentials, what ever education they might have they either don't use it or can't use it because I'm fairly certain they ain't any smarter than me and I quit college.
    I have learned to only believe about 10% out of the mouth of every politiction and media member. And if it's breaking news I don't believe a word for at least a week.

Long live the new independent media

Comment

Opened your link and read one article. Anti-Trump pro climate change liberal college bull crap. I can assure you if you are learning how to think at college from your professors your wasting your parents money

Comment

This post makes me want to throw my diploma in a ****ing fire. I don’t have any problems with the link either. The post is just shameful. Represent better.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          The media only only provides what the Democrat party tells them to provide.
          have you seen fox news?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
            have you seen fox news?

Yes, whats your point?
            1 network is fairly close to balanced working against an unimaginable number of tv,print,internet,public networks that work for the dem party.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Yes, whats your point?
              1 network is fairly close to balanced working against an unimaginable number of tv,print,internet,public networks that work for the dem party.
              i just didnt want to exclude the network that has more viewers than any other, and works for the republicans.

Last edited by texasnavy05; 12-08-2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodrunner View Post
                do you think that what you want is that much different than what any person of the opposite "party" wants? The only thing ya'll disagree on is the way in which to go about arriving at the SAME **** OUTCOME! Its frickin nuts man.
                I disagree with this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodrunner View Post

Let me ask you something there reader guy, do you think that what you want is that much different than what any person of the opposite "party" wants? The only thing ya'll disagree on is the way in which to go about arriving at the SAME **** OUTCOME! Its frickin nuts man.
                  I disagree with your statement that both sides want the "SAME OUTCOME". It starts out on where the sides stand on the eternal question of equality vs. liberty. One side believes in more government control as a way to engineer a more equitable and egalitarian society. (everybody has the same amount of material possessions) The goal is equality of outcomes, mostly through state coercion.

The other side values liberty over equality. All men are created equal, but of course none are born equally in wealth, stature, ability or even ambition. "Created equal" means we are born equal under the Law of Nature and Rule of Law - not that because you were born with fewer advantages that you could through government, force equalization of condition…..you have the right of freedom, not condition. You have the right to pursue life, liberty and happiness…..not the right to things, services and the wealth of others. The "equality" the liberty side does believe in is equality of opportunity. (still much work to do there)

Looking at the underlying political philosophies it comes down to Locke vs. Rousseau. Locke argued that we have natural rights inherent in us as human beings that pre-exist the state, and the only legitimate purpose of the state is to protect those rights. Rousseau on the other hand maintained that all rights come from the state - the government may exercise authority over anything/everything to promote what it sees as the common good. We have the rights the government allots to us and no others.
                  Last edited by jerp; 12-08-2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Sweet!

This is the kinda thread this area of the site needed to get this portion of the forum off of here!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Sweet!

This is the kinda thread this area of the site needed to get this portion of the forum off of here!
                      So your saying that this portion of the forum didn't need this thread to get to the area it is at on the site?

Comment

Maybe the OP can stumble upon another forum on this site...the classifieds...and find himself a toilet to vomit that ---- into.
                        Last edited by PVDT; 12-08-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
                          Maybe the OP can stumble upon another forum on this site...the classifieds...and find himself a toilet to vomit that ---- into.

Indoctrination at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            I disagree with this statement.
                            Same here...poli sci degree from Arizona State baby!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                              Opened your link and read one article. Anti-Trump pro climate change liberal college bull crap. I can assure you if you are learning how to think at college from your professors your wasting your parents money
                              Dont know how you arrived at that conclusion. Each researcher has a different perspective. If you opened it up and read one sentence of one research paper that somebody spent months on, that somebody being a PHD student or Fellow at what is considered one of the best schools in the nation, then you probably didn't spend enough time on it. Believe me, we are well in tune with the issues of "Climate Change". Please tell me sir did you happen to find anything on Energy Intensity in developing economies? Or the income elasticity of demand of hydrocarbons relative to per capita GDP and what that means for emissions? How bout Environmental Kuznets Curve or the relative of it the Engle Curve? Probably not. But hey, you probably know better than all of us college kids.
                              Last edited by Bloodrunner; 12-12-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X