public land bowhunter in North East TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

public land bowhunter in North East TX

Hello everyone. I've known about the forum for a while, but never became a member until today. I got into bowhunting about three years ago thanks to a close friend of mine and have been addicted ever sense. I guess I'll get straight to the point. I will be hunting public land in the North East Texas area this year. Mainly Pat Mayse Lake and potentially Cooper WMA (have heard good reports in the past) I just recently got out of the military after 5 years and have moved back home to start college. I guess what I am trying to say is (without sounding like a baby) is that I am looking for like minded hunter(s) in the area to essentially shoot the **** with. I'm NOT looking to piggy back off of anyones spots. You have your honey holes and that's fine by me. Would just enjoy the camaraderie and would love an outside mind as to where to set up cameras. I know this sounds weird as hell, but cut me a little slack haha. For the record I am a male and I'm 25 with a family. Just don't have any friends in my area. If you read this muck thanks lol. Good luck to everyone this year!!

Welcome and thanks for your service.

Comment

I'm no help in N Texas, but welcome !

Comment

Thank you guys! and Jlivi1224, I saw that you are in Polk County. You hunt Davy Crockett much? Old friend of mine from Ft. Hood hunted back there in 2015 and said it was a hell of a place

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          Welcome and thanks for your service.
          And this!

Comment

Welcome to the fire. Where do you live?

Comment

Welcome and thanks for your service. If you get out to ray roberts, Lavon or LBJ let me know.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt on public land in Texas and Oklahoma. Shoot me a line some time.

Comment

11b2v......

Comment

Where do you live? I'm in Lindale your more then welcome to come shot with us. Just message me

Comment

I appreciate it guys! I'm in Killeen, TX right now. Moving in a week or two back up to Paris, TX to start the school year up there.

Comment

I'll be out at Cooper and Pat Mayse quite a bit this season. Going to check TC's at Cooper on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is also white oak creek WMA in that area. My neighbor hunts it, I have not.
                          My goal is to kill a buck on Caddo Lake WMA in NETX.

Comment

Welcome 11B--- bpurvisJr and I hang out a bit and would love to help someone out that served the country. Hit us up sometime and we can get together!!

Comment

Originally posted by BPurvisJr View Post
                              I'll be out at Cooper and Pat Mayse quite a bit this season. Going to check TC's at Cooper on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I would love to man but gotta do birthday stuff this weekend with my wife. It may be my birthday but somehow she still gets to decide what I do haha. Whenever I finally get freed up I will definitely shoot you guys a message. And I must say, you are a brave soul leaving trail cameras out on cooper.
                              Last edited by 11B; 08-04-2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X