Mexican markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexican markets

So a new Mexican market opened today that's on my way home. Decided I would stop in and see what they had. I venture to the meat counter where I discover NY strip steaks for $3.59 / lb. After scratching my head for a minute I thought what the hell, I'll try em. So for $6.75 total, my wife and I are having steak tonight!

So I'm going to assume this is Mexico raised and slaughtered beef, with less regulation. Anyone had steak from one of these markets? If so, anything bad happen like a limb falling off or something? Trust it?

I probably just bought a pair of Corriente cuts lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Not sure where the beef comes from but I buy groceries at ours pretty regularly.
    Our local one has some get on the ground pre-made fajitas.

Comment

Best premade fajita skirt on planet earth

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
        Best premade fajita skirt on planet earth
        Yep, can't beat the fajita meat at Michocana. Fiesta has pretty good produce most of the time too.

Comment

The only meat I have ever bought from one is the seasoned fajita skirt and it can't be beat.

Comment

Dirt cheap fruits and veggies too.

Comment

I use to buy from them all the time. Good cuts of meat at a great price imo

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I use to buy from them all the time. Good cuts of meat at a great price imo
                why did you stop?

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  So a new Mexican market opened today that's on my way home. Decided I would stop in and see what they had. I venture to the meat counter where I discover NY strip steaks for $3.59 / lb. After scratching my head for a minute I thought what the hell, I'll try em. So for $6.75 total, my wife and I are having steak tonight!

So I'm going to assume this is Mexico raised and slaughtered beef, with less regulation. Anyone had steak from one of these markets? If so, anything bad happen like a limb falling off or something? Trust it?

I probably just bought a pair of Corriente cuts lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                  They are subjected to the same rules,regulations and

Inspections from the government as any other store.

Comment

I buy from ours all the time. As mentioned, excellent marinated skirt for fajita, marinated chicken, and pastor taco meat is all great. Produce is usually better and cheaper than other stores as well.

Comment

They send donkeys from here to Mexico to be slaughtered. I'm just saying

Comment

There's a Mexican market in Cleburne. Buy fajita beef and chicken from them. It's outstanding!!

Comment

Wife shops at ours all the time. It may be donkey meat but if you don't know you don't know lol

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                            They send donkeys from here to Mexico to be slaughtered. I'm just saying
                            I'll eat donkey I don't care

Comment

I quit shopping at the mercado when I saw the butcher with a spray bottle of red food coloring spraying gray and green steaks on the display.

Comment

Working...
                              X