Have you ever turned down a ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever turned down a ...

After working most of your adult career thinking you wanted to get to that one position within the company have you ever turned down that position when it was finally offered?

Asking for a friend.

I have. Couldn't stand the big boss at the time and did not want to be his errand boy all the time.

Comment

Yes if it is not with the right group you will not be happy

Comment

People's priorities change. Lot's of people want to rise to VP level (In my case), only to have kids and realize kid's are far more important.

Comment

Sure did

Comment

I've only ever seen my dad actually mad or upset in my life...with that said. He worked his butt off for over 30 yrs went thru buy outs company changes etc. My dad has a degree in pharmacy more education more experience than the other candidate and way more company time in. The position came down to him and another candidate, well he didn't get the job. He didnt meet the diversity the company was looking for. He was told this by the person who had to do the final selection. At a business dinner I watched my dad walk straight up to the guy and nearly take his head off coming unglued. Everyone in the room knew exactly what was going on and why. My dad came back sat down said he didnt wanta talk about it or ever hear about it again. I felt terrible for my dad. Later on about 2 yrs later the company fired the other guy and offered my dad the position. He gave em the no, I'm not diverse enough crap they have him. What comes around goes around. Love my dad. Absolutely love him

Comment

No, I took the job and quit about a month later and went back to previous position.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                No, I took the job and quit about a month later and went back to previous position.
                This.

I took the position but was hated by everyone around me bc some other guy wanted it. I left he company for a better company and he took the positon the next day.

Comment

Working...
                X