axis quest V 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

axis quest V 2009

Forgot to start a thread on this weekends quest. 5 people in camp this weekend. Mark Lee got here on thursday and Les got here yesterday morning. I got here yesterday around 4:30 pm and was able to make the evening hunt. I had about 10 whitetails and 2 pigs. One was run off the feeder 3 times by me before I unlessed 440 grains of piganotors on t his stupid. Unlike Fishndude, my pig died in sight. I also had 10 antelpoe inon me with one small buck. They are simply beautifull in person and up close. Saw 15 or so axis bucks but none up close. Fast forward to this morning. Had 8 axis bucks at feeder. None were of my liking. All over 30 inches except one. Then 20 antelope came in with a herd of axis. I am in the blind now for the evening hunt and I have a bunch of whitetails on me. Plenty of grub on the ground. Archery1st waxed a pig this morning. Les head shot on at 56 yards. So the pig heard has been adjusted. More later

awesome....good luck

Comment

sounds good, bring down a big axis

Comment

I was gettin a little worried that there wasnt going to be one this weekend...lay an axis out for us!

Comment

keep us posted

Comment

Good luck to all the hunters!!

Comment

7 axis bucks within view. 5 one side of the hill 2 on the other. Closest is 150 yrds out, but pointed my way. Got 4 whtail bucks and 5 does in front. 16 antelope and to blackbucks visited early, but I asked them to leave nicely so I would have corn left for target animals.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

good luck fellers

Comment

Well now I have 3 that I can still see on my left, 5 strait in front of me at100 yrds. Just feeding. They just keep staring at thw whtails eating in front of me. Got 3 axis to my right as well.

Comment

Hope they hurry in

Comment

no update in over 30 min? I hope it's because you are still dragging it back to camp!

Comment

Out of blind. Axis in front just laid down till dark. Still there for all I know. Waiting on crew to get back to camp. I have a good feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                            Unlike Fishndude, my pig died in sight.
                            Awesome!! 5 trips and you finally killed one pig. Good luck fellas!! I love these threads!!!

I hope Mailman gets blood on his "special arrows"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              Awesome!! 5 trips and you finally killed one pig.
                              I think that he still has a better ratio then you do

Good Luck everyone and let the LDP's be plentiful this weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X