fletching weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fletching weight?

How much heavier are NAP quickfletch compared to your average 3in feather?

Originally posted by Bear95 View Post
    How much heavier are NAP quickfletch compared to your average 3in feather?
    3-4 times heavier.

Comment

Thought about it but did not know how much difference it would make. Can u tell a difference in arrow flight?

Comment

i was shooting nockturnals with 3in feathers then tried some quickfletchs on some arrows and they shoot low, but dead on with normal nocks.

Comment

You 3" feathers weigh about 1.5gr each.A 2" plastic vane will weigh about 6gr each plus the sleeve they are on.I would think your looking at 20 to 25 gr more with the quick fletch.
          Last edited by Osceola; 09-30-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

and since its a heavier arrow you just can move the whole housing up you have to change the gaps in the pins also right?

Comment

NAP Quikfletch weighs 32 grains total. A Blazer vane (being about the lightest) weighs 5 grains each so 3 grains is 15 plus weight of glue is going to be approx 10 for a total of 25 grains.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
                NAP Quikfletch weighs 32 grains total. A Blazer vane (being about the lightest) weighs 5 grains each so 3 grains is 15 plus weight of glue is going to be approx 10 for a total of 25 grains.
                but what about a 3in feather with glue?

Comment

I can't tell a difference between the two they hit the same spot

Comment

Personally, I haven't weighed any feathers but I do know the are lighter than a vane. Probably can look on their website and it will tell you. Sorry that I am not much help.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                      I can't tell a difference between the two they hit the same spot
                      between which two?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear95 View Post
                        and since its a heavier arrow you just can move the whole housing up you have to change the gaps in the pins also right?
                        Is your bow maxed out on draw weight?

Comment

Just wanted to let you know Bohning makes one called Instafletch made with Blazer vanes that is about $20 a dozen cheaper than Quickfletch.

Comment

Originally posted by Osceola View Post
                            Just wanted to let you know Bohning makes one called Instafletch made with Blazer vanes that is about $20 a dozen cheaper than Quickfletch.
                            ??? I just bought a dozen Quikfletch for $32. I'd like to know where I can buy a dozen Instafletch for 12 bucks bc I'm going to be all over this like stink of chit! Please provide me details.

Comment

Lancaster has Quickfletch for $50 a dozen and Instafletch for $28 a dozen.

Comment

Working...
                              X