Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the public scene

Need a little help....

I am new to the public hunting scene but I am really interested in trying it out. Is there a definitive place to get info on permits, postcards, drawings, etc. for public land hunts? Is there any place that y'all would recommend or advise not to attempt? I realize that there isn’t any easy hunting on public land. I relish the thought. The original reason I switched from rifle to bow was for the challenge. I just want to make sure that I am putting in the work now for the 2012/2013 season. I am mainly looking for whitetail hunts, but I would jump at the chance to sight a pin on any game. Please let me know any wisdom you can share. Thanks
    Last edited by zacm1979; 03-28-2012, 12:31 PM.

TPWD has quite a few drawn hunts available. There is also some Fed land available for hunting.

Comment

when you get your type to permit they send you a book. but go to the tpwd website and you shoudl be able to track down the hunts and stuff that they have

Comment

Originally posted by zacm1979 View Post
        Need a little help....

I am new to the public hunting scene but I am really interested in trying it out. Is there a definitive place to get info on permits, postcards, drawings, etc. for public land hunts? Is there any place that y'all would recommend or advise not to attempt? I realize that there isn’t any easy hunting on public land. I relish the thought. The original reason I switched from rifle to bow was for the challenge. I just want to make sure that I am putting in the work now for the 2012/2013 season. I am mainly looking for whitetail hunts, but I would jump at the chance to sight a pin on any game. Please let me know any wisdom you can share. Thanks
        PM sent

Comment

Working...
        X