Wild Hog Backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild Hog Backstrap

I searched the recipes thread but didn't find much on grilling hog backstrap. I killed a 75 lber and I was thinking about splitting the straps and stuffing with bacon and cream cheese and season well and throw them on the grill. Any body have a better suggestion or have a better grilling recipe? I don't have a smoker but only a standard gas grill. Let me hear your recommendations

Inject with Cajun butter. Wrap in tenfoil with onions mushrooms and jalapeƱos. Add more Cajun butter in ten foil. Cook on grill or oven till solid white all the way through. In wrap and throw on grill just to char out side. Enjoy!

Butterfly the strap. Soak in Italian or other marinade over night. Stuff with cream cheese with jalapeƱos or whatever u like. Wrap with bacon. Grill till done and enjoy!

Comment

I've butterflied them, then stuffed it with jalepenos and cream cheese and finished it by wrapping in bacon. Like so many other things, it's tough to screw it up like this!

I've also cut it into medallions, pounded thin, dusted with seasoned flour and egg wash and chicken fried. Wasn't my favorite, but definitely good!

Comment

good lord im starving now....

Comment

Make a bacon lattice for it. Stuff with boudin, shredded pepper jack cheese, diced onion, orange bell pepper, and mushrooms.

This is from a piggy I killed a few weeks back. Killed that morning grilled that evening.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350435209.941419.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	24129401

Comment

Cut it into medallions season how ever you want wrap the medallions with Bacon put a toothpick through it to hold the Bacon and grill away

Comment

Butterfly it, stuff it with either dirtyrice or boudain and spices....pretty much whatever sounds good then cover with shredded cheese......use toothpicks to close her up, wrap in maple bacon then tinfoil and let her rip!!! Delish.........the only way it gets any better is if you smoke it instead of grill it

Comment

Stuff it, bacon wrap it, cook it indirect with it on one end of the grate and the fire at the other end to 145IT. Then move it over the fire for the last few minutes to reverse sear it, crisp up the bacon. Try not to let the internal temp go over 155.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It all sounds good!

Comment

Marinate in "Dale's" and grill.

Comment

Do not forget fresh spinach leaves in the wrap. surpised the heck out of me!!!

Comment

bacon wrapped pork tenderloin

pork tenderloin roulade
                        Last edited by CaptJack; 10-17-2012, 06:54 AM.

Comment

You may have already seen this, not grilled but it is goooood!

Comment

Lots of great ideas!!

Comment

Stuff with boudin and weave it in bacon and smoke!

Comment

Working...
                              X