4’x8’ blind project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4’x8’ blind project

So. I wasn’t sure what’s was going to do as I had never had my own place before. Based off of what I have seen here on the GS and have hunted out of previously my boys and I built a 4x8 blind on about a 3’ pedestal. This was over a $700 build and may have been able to build it less expensive if I didn’t build it like a house. My father is a builder and taught me to over engineer so it lasts longer. Here are some pics..

The camo is not yet finished but the first buck has been taken in it. Guess it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great man!

Comment

That will last forever!

Great job

Comment

nice

Comment

Looks like a good time! Where around Mullin did you buy a place?

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
            Looks like a good time! Where around Mullin did you buy a place?
            Cr189 & Cr199.. you out there as well?

Comment

I grew up in Mullin. My family still lives there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great build. Materials are just way too expensive these days. Hard to build one nice and cheap anymore unless you can find some scrap lumber. I try to locate some builders in the area and ask if I can pick thru their scrap piles. Hard to get the longer framing pieces, but can usually pick up decent size 2x4 pieces that works for the smaller needs. Most of the builders these days are pretty good on their take-offs, so not really a whole lot of longer pieces left over. Sometimes able to pick up some damaged decking for a couple of the wall pieces though. Helps save a little money. Again great build, and I hope you and your boys make a lot of memories in it.

Comment

thanks guys.. was a lot of fun to build with the boys.. i really let them help and stayed patient with them.. they enjoyed it too

Comment

wow wonderful... that is great work...
                    I will try at home

Comment

Makes mine look like a cardboard box, thas great work

Comment

Very nice and will last.

One suggestion if hasn't been said, I would definitely paint the interior as well. It will last longer and if you paint it black it will help with deer not seeing you as well.

Comment

I have partially painted the inside black.. the parts that can be seen through the windows. I probably should get some rattle cans and finish out the inside.. great idea! Thanks

Comment

Awesome work.

Comment

awesome build !

Comment

Working...
                              X