cooked to 175°
    never tasted anything like it - really good
    but it needs garlic
    Attached Files

Looks good!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Jack,

Good to see you posting again. Tandori Chicken looks good.

I just recently started using yogert in marinade on these Chicken K Bobs. Great garlic flavor and I follow receipe and peel and squeeze fresh garlic. I use lemon juice out the bottle and haven't used lemon zest yet.

Try it out on pita pocket bread with humus. I like to get a little char on the chicken for texture. I marinate the chicken in a bowl and thread on skewer instead of wiping marinade on the skewered chicken. I also leave a space between chicken pieces to make sure marinade cooks to safe temps as the yogurt is so thick. I've also learned to do a few skewers of olive oil dipped onion pieces indirect heat so they don't burn - to eat with the chicken. Boneless thighs cook up so juicy its hard to tell they are cooked absent putting a little char on them. Pieces are more consistant with breast meat.

And I'm a beef guy.

Middle Eastern Chicken Kebabs
      By Jennifer Segal
      Servings: 4-6
      Prep Time: 20 Minutes
      Cook Time: 15 Minutes
      Total Time: 35 Minutes, plus 8 hours to marinate
      Chicken thighs are marinated in a tangy Middle Eastern-style blend of Greek yogurt, lemon, garlic and spices, then grilled on skewers until golden brown. The kebabs are delicious over a bed of golden Basmati Rice Pilaf with Dried Fruits and Almonds (as pictured above) and with my Roasted Carrots with Thyme or on top of a Greek salad.
      Ingredients
      • 1 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
      • 2 tablespoons olive oil
      • 2 teaspoons paprika
      • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
      • 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
      • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (reduce to 1/2 teaspoon if you don't like heat)
      • Zest from one lemon
      • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon
      • 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
      • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
      • 5 garlic cloves, minced
      • 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of any excess fat and cut into large bite-sized pieces
      • 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
      • Vegetable oil, for greasing the grill
      Instructions
      1. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, olive oil, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic.
      2. Thread the chicken onto metal skewers, folding if the pieces are long and thin, alternating occasionally with the red onions. Be sure not to cram the skewers. (Note: You'll need between 6-8 skewers.) Place the kebabs on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Spoon or brush the marinade all over the meat, coating well. Cover and refrigerate at least eight hours or overnight.
      3. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. To grease the grill, lightly dip a wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and, using tongs, carefully rub over the grates several times until glossy and coated. Grill the chicken kebabs until golden brown and cooked through, turning skewers occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer the skewers to a platter and serve.
      4. Note: I've specified chicken thighs as opposed to boneless chicken breasts for this recipe because they are more flavorful, and less likely dry out. Additionally, the lemon juice in the marinade will make boneless chicken breasts tougher when cooked.

Comment

My wife loves this. I need to try it at home.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

I just go to India Grill in Arlington. Much easier and always awesome!

Comment

I will be trying this. Thanks amigo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X