X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Saturday)

Daily Bible Portion – 7 of 7
    "ORDINANCES"

(Weekly Reading>>Exodus 21:1-24:18, Jeremiah 34:8; 33:25-26, Matthew 5: 38-42, Hebrews 9:15-22; 10:28-39)

The fourth cup is the cup the Bride will drink at the third stage of her wedding during the wedding reception with her Bridegroom. This is the cup of praise. As mentioned earlier, celebrating the Passover is an eternal feast. Not only is it a meal of remembrance of our past (leaving worldly systems and ungodly life choices that ensnares the Bride’s heart) and coming into the wilderness to be betrothed with our Bridegroom, but it is also about our future; Passover is all about wedding preparations for the Wedding Supper of the Lamb (See Exodus 32 and the book of Ruth concerning a kinsman redeemer, as well as Hebrews 4:1-13).

Yahweh’s Messenger
    (Exodus 23:20-31)

“See, I am sending a messenger ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him” (Exodus 23:20-21).

In the wilderness Yahweh never leaves us nor forsakes us, this is why the messenger was and is Yeshua.

“Yeshua is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:5-8; Deuteronomy 31:6; Psalm 118:6-7).

“IF you listen carefully to what He says and do all that I say, I will be an enemy to your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you. My messenger will go ahead of you and bring you into the land of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites and Jebusites, and I will wipe them out. Worship Yahweh your Elohim, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span. I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their backs and run. I will establish your borders from the Sea of Reeds to the Mediterranean and from the desert to the Euphrates I will hand over to you the people who live in the land and you will drive them out before you. Do not make a covenant with them or with their gods. Do not let them live in your land, or they will cause you to sin against me, because the worship of their gods will certainly be a snare to you” (Exodus 23:22-33).

The Covenant Confirmed
    (Exodus 24)

Yahweh now called the leaders of Israel forward and had Moses meet the people to share all he had been taught by Yahweh. The people responded, “Everything Yahweh has said we will do.”

With the Covenant between both parties agreed upon, the betrothal was firmly established not only for that generation in Exodus but also for the generations to come after them through the promised seed of Abraham, our generation included! (References for promises to Abraham’s seed: Genesis 21:12; Psalms 105:6; Luke 1:55; Acts 3:25; Romans 4:13, 16; 9:7; 11:1; 2 Corinthians 11:22; Galatians. 3:16; Hebrews 2:16.)

Deuteronomy 29:14-15 “I make this covenant and this oath, not with you alone, but with him who stands here with us today before Yahweh our God, as well as with him who is not here with us today.”

Hebrews 4:1-2 “Therefore, since a promise [to Abraham’s seed] remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it [the Covenant]. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.”

“Moses then wrote down everything Yahweh said to the Israelites” (Exodus 24:4). This written declaration is called the ketubah, the Torah/the Gospel, the Bridal Covenant and it belongs to the Bride!

After writing the Covenant down, the next morning Moses built an altar and “set up twelve stone pillars representing the twelve tribes of Israel.” He sent young Israelite men to sacrifice the burnt offerings and fellowship offerings to Yahweh as a Covenant was always sealed with blood. Moses took half of the blood and put it in bowls and the other half he sprinkled on the altar (Exodus 24:5-6). Then he took the newly written Book of the Covenant, the ketubah, and read it to the people. They responded again, “We will do everything Yahweh has said; we will obey” (Exodus 24:7). Moses then took the rest of the blood and sprinkled it [the blood] on the people saying, “This is the blood of the [Marriage] Covenant that Yahweh has made with you in accordance with all these words” (Exodus 24:8; Luke 22:20).

Matthew 27:24-25 “All the people answered, ‘Let his blood be on us and on our children!’”

Yeshua laid His own life down for us. The ones who shouted they would take His blood upon them were the believers in a mixed crowd who knew His blood had to be on them, just as their ancestors had the blood sprinkled on them at Mount Sinai by Moses, the representative of Yeshua. Yeshua’s blood covering was the renewal of the Marriage Covenant to redeem the adulterous Bride. You want His blood to be upon you! This is a blessing not a curse.

The Apostle Peter, in his first letter, addressed the Twelve Tribes of Israel as those
    “elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ [the Messiah/Yeshua Ha Mashiach]: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.”
    In saying this, Peter was letting the recipients of the letter along with all believers know that they were all part of Israel, and that they were sprinkled by the blood at Mount Sinai (1 Peter 1:1-2).

Sealing the Covenant
    (Exodus 24:9-11)

The ceremony for the Covenant was sealed when Moses, Aaron, Nadab and Abihu along with seventy elders of Israel “went up and SAW the God of Israel. Under His feet was something like a pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky itself.” There they entered into Covenant with Him by eating and drinking, completing the sealing of this union between the Bride and the Bridegroom.

Leaving the leaders, Moses continued up the mountain alone. The cloud, the witness of Yahweh, enveloped him. Here he was given the stone tablets with the statements on them for their instruction. He stayed on the mountain forty days and forty nights (Exodus 24:12-18).

Hebrews 9:15-22 “For this reason Yeshua is the mediator of a new [renewed Marriage] Covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance-- now that he [Yeshua] has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first [Marriage] Covenant. In the case of a will, [same Greek word as Covenant]; it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, because a will [Covenant] is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living”

2 Corinthians 11:2 "I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him."

Hebrews 10:12-16 “When this priest [Yeshua] had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God.”

Jeremiah 31:33 “This is the Covenant I will make with them after that time, says Yahweh. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.”

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X