Who else is staying home today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else is staying home today?

I'm near Lockhart and school cancelled (AISD), fire built and planning chili for supper. A large part of the state is affected by the cold and wet conditions.
    Going to spend some time online looking at blinds for next bow season, need a tall one for longbow.

Not me, I’m working this morning. It’s a little cold up this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just called in. Wife thinks I will make it there..but not be able to get back home this evening. Not going to argue. Going back to sleep!

Comment

I came in for a little bit but fixing to head back hone.

Comment

Bank asked us to work from home to avoid the roads. My *** is still in bed.

Comment

I'm in the office, but with the lack of traffic, the roads should be icy in no time. Don't think I will be here too long.

Comment

I'm at work here in Victoria. It's not too bad right now although I almost busted my butt stepping on my running boards this morning as they were iced over.

I'll keep an eye on the weather and see how long I'll stay but the wife, kids and dog are all at home nice and warm.

Comment

I went and got my laptop from the office and told my boss I’d be working from home today. She had no problem with that but they just closed the office so no workie for me today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hit the road at 4:30 this morning to avoid the idiots. We had snow banks as high as 1-2" in one area. I saw a blizzard of snow for about 200 yards. The black ice was awful where the city forgot to turn off their sprinkler system (20 yards long). Once I got through all of that I made it around one driver doing 45 in a 70.

I almost broke out the dog sled. Be careful out there.

Comment

Im pretty sure everyone in my office forgot to relay the message to me. Im literally the only person at our office. Have triple checked my emails to make sure im not an idiot.

Comment

Bosses are sending us home shortly

Comment

We are all at work. Doubt that we close up early or anything like that. Hopefully we don’t get stuck here, because I gotta drive 40 minutes home and that could be a long trip in the ice.

Comment

Im here at the office (katy), drive it was fine b4 6:00. worried about the drive back this evening.

parking garage is pretty sparse though

Comment

They told us if we didn't feel comfortable driving in don't try it. So I'm laying on the couch watching fishing.

I wasn't too worried about getting to work, it's was the getting back part I was worried about. Don't get me wrong, I like my job but not enough to spend the night there.

Comment

Well I am at home but I work from here so I guess it does not count.....We do have ice and snow. School is closed so my youngest is also home. If it counts my wife had to be at work at the post office in Caddo Mills by 5 so we left at about 3:15. It worked out fine but now I will have to go pick her up later....If the roads clear up I can make it in about 45 minutes. Still a long round trip considering I work from home.......

-john

Comment

Working...
                              X