What Should I buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Should I buy?

Let's say I have a spare $1000 sitting around. I don't really have any NEEDs to fill, just want. (although I don't have any SBR's or Suppressors yet )

Would prefer long gun over handgun. Would prefer 5.56 or 9mm.

What would you buy for 1K? I will stretch to say, $1500 for the right gun.

Well I just ordered a Remington model 7 stainless in 7mm-08, a Bell and Carlson stock, Talley lightweight rings, and a Leupold VXIII scope. Came in just shy of $1500. Rifle will be right at 6 lbs before the scope. Gonna be a sweet little light weight rifle!

Comment

I would be either getting some of the high end camo (Sitka, Kuiu) or a trust/suppressor.

Comment

I think you answered your own question.

I'd look into getting one or two cans (pistol, .30, .22 can) or a can and an sbr, AR prices are currently so low that you can have a solid quality SBR for cheaper than ever and the new bar-code system combined with BATFE getting past the pre-41f pile of stamps means dramatically reduced wait times on the horizon.

also, just a heads up that now that we're post 41f trusts are no longer the best route to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
          I think you answered your own question.

I'd look into getting one or two cans (pistol, .30, .22 can) or a can and an sbr, AR prices are currently so low that you can have a solid quality SBR for cheaper than ever and the new bar-code system combined with BATFE getting past the pre-41f pile of stamps means dramatically reduced wait times on the horizon.

also, just a heads up that now that we're post 41f trusts are no longer the best route to go.
          One of my thoughts was going a factory Colt 6933 and a suppressor, of course that is going over my stated budget a bit. For some reason I've always lusted for a 6933.

Comment

just a heads up that now that we're post 41f trusts are no longer the best route to go.
            This is dependent. If you want your dad or your son or _______ to use your suppressor when you are not present then a trust is a must. Now if you don't want/don't have anybody to share it with then yes a trust is not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
              This is dependent. If you want your dad or your son or _______ to use your suppressor when you are not present then a trust is a must. Now if you don't want/don't have anybody to share it with then yes a trust is not needed.

I'd definitely go the individual route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                One of my thoughts was going a factory Colt 6933 and a suppressor, of course that is going over my stated budget a bit. For some reason I've always lusted for a 6933.
                I've always wanted a colt commando as well, I ended up just building my own 10.5" (MK18 mod0-ish) with exactly what I wanted on it.

You could first grab a nice lower of your choice (colt/noveske/etc) and form 1 it and also grab a moderately priced can to form 4 then while you wait complete it with a short barreled complete upper assembly and the rest of your lower parts and have it for close to what your looking at if you look around hard enough and wait until you find some good sales (you could source all your upper/lower stuff while you wait during annual black Friday sales)
                Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 09-07-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I've always wanted a colt commando as well, I ended up just building my own 10.5" (MK18 mod0-ish) with exactly what I wanted on it.

You could first grab a nice lower of your choice (colt/noveske/etc) and form 1 it and also grab a moderately priced can to form 4 then while you wait complete it with a short barreled complete upper assembly and the rest of your lower parts and have it for close to what your looking at if you look around hard enough and wait until you find some good sales (you could source all your upper/lower stuff while you wait during annual black Friday sales)
                  That's not a bad idea. I guess since I already have everything I really need I would rather just buy a factory rifle. I would imagine the form 4's should be quicker than the 1's and I'd rather just buy it and forget about it until it's approved.

I'm also a KISS guy when it comes to AR's so the 6933 would only get an Aimpoint Micro and light so no need to worry about it not being how I want it.

Comment

If I had $1500 just burning a hole in my pocket I'd spend it on a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 but you said "gun" so...I think the Ruger Hawkeye FTW Hunter in 6.5 CM is an awesome rifle for the price.

Comment

Put it in savings!!!

Comment

If you just want to spend it. Unless you find a smoking deal on something get a can since you don't have one they're pretty awesome defininety a better buy than another gun for me

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                          Put it in savings!!!
                          You're boring.

Comment

Extra cash around is nice to have but sure can burn a hole in that pocket. For years I bought guns for different hunts some of which I never took but still have the guns.

Looking back, I wish in some ways I had saved the $ for more hunts instead of more guns

Comment

6.8 Grendel in AR platform. Better ballistics than the 5.56 and at least mine is very accurate...my favorite AR these days!

Comment

Working...
                              X