River Radio Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River Radio Cooler

Built my first river radio cooler. The dang thing rocks. Can still hear every bit of the song 100 yards away and that's not even full volume. Whole thing cost me right around 100-105$. Definitely beats my Bose Soundlink. Was lucky to find a 600watt amp for 35$ at a pawn shop. Will definitely be building more. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0193.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	25118531

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0191.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	25118532

Name:	IMG_0192.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	25118533

Name:	FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	25118534

That's awesome! Now you just gotta keep it above water!

Comment

Very nice! What kind of battery life with a 600w amp?

Comment

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
        Very nice! What kind of battery life with a 600w amp?
        I haven't tested it out too much yet. Hoping at least 6

Comment

Put a piece of plexi in there and store your keys, phones and other things on the top half of cooler.

Comment

So I put a solar panel on my ice chest radio. Should I have to worry about charging the battery still or should this do? Never messed around with solar panels. Anybody done this before?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0201.jpg
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	24502546

Comment

Solar Panel is not worth the added expense. The demand of the amp is far greater than the input from the solar panel. There is a forum you can search for that is spot on for the cooler radio topic and based in Texas.

I have built a dozen or so, it's a fun hobby. One thing of note, either build a radio in a cooler or just have a cooler. Trying to make a cooler radio function as a real cooler is pretty tough. Just get a bigger cooler and use a bag style cooler inside, lol.
              Last edited by Mike; 07-17-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Where does the beer go?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Solar Panel is not worth the added expense. The demand of the amp is far greater than the input from the solar panel. There is a forum you can search for that is spot on for the cooler radio topic and based in Texas.

I have built a dozen or so, it's a fun hobby. One thing of note, either build a radio in a cooler or just have a cooler. Trying to make a cooler radio function as a real cooler is pretty tough. Just get a bigger cooler and use a bag style cooler inside, lol.
                  Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
                    Where does the beer go?
                    I got another cooler for that

Comment

Is there a USB cable from the amp to your phone? Very cool...

Comment

yea same ? is this blue tooth? USB? Aux Cord?

Thanks

Comment

I guess I'm the old man yelling at kids to get off my lawn, but why do you need to hear it from 100 yards away?
                          And are you not concerned about the noise pollution to all the other folks wanting to enjoy floating a river, etc. without hearing your music?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                            yea same ? is this blue tooth? USB? Aux Cord?

Thanks
                            Bought a Bluetooth adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                              I guess I'm the old man yelling at kids to get off my lawn, but why do you need to hear it from 100 yards away?
                              And are you not concerned about the noise pollution to all the other folks wanting to enjoy floating a river, etc. without hearing your music?
                              It's not like I will be playing it where you can hear it from 100 yards away. Just wanted to build something that sounds good 'to the group that I will be floating with' and not having to worry about a 300$ Bluetooth speaker from Best Buy falling into the water

Comment

Working...
                              X