Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Grim reaper carnifours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim reaper carnifours

What is everyone's opinion of these. I'm thinking about trying them bit would like to see some damage pics.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My opinion is their penetration is crap

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	24502186 not the strongest head either.

Comment

I guess I'll be the first one to say that I like them. Pass through on the deer in my profile pic. Giant exit wound and massive blood trail.

Comment

I am with Bullseye07.
          I shot two different deer with the carnifour this past season. The Buck was a close 12 yard poke from 20ft platform, I felt the shot was still high, had an easy pass through, but the blood was unbelievable. It painted a walkway for maybe 40 yards.
          The doe I shot was far beyond my normal and for that I still am not proud of. Everything was as calm as it could have possible been and 38 yard shot. My arrow blew through and buried in the dirt behind her. Again, the blood was heavy and the trail was maybe 20 yards.
          Obviously not the bow in the pic. I shoot a Quest rogue at 60ish pounds.

Comment

I am not real impressed with them. I shot a Sika doe with one and it did not pass through. I have some if anyone would like to buy them.

Comment

The pic may come out way to big but here is the buck, and notice the ground around him.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have a set and am kind of hesitant on the amount of pressure it takes to open the blades up. I am sure they have no problem opening on impact but in my head the mechanical mechanisms are a little rough.

Comment

To those who've had success, did you do anything before shooting them? Like opening and closing them a handful of times to break them in.

Comment

I was told (may or may not be truth), that they made the head with three different springs. Gold Silver and Black. Mine had the silver and worked perfect. The head in the picture was undamaged after going through the deer and hitting a rocky ground. Also the hole seen is entrance and all 4 apparently opened in the entering. Just personal experience. I have seen the damaged heads pics, and the stories. They just REALLY worked well for me.
                    I did open and close mine probably a dozen times before shooting them. I have very limited experience with mechanicals and was trying to encourage my mind that it would work.
                    Last edited by Dry Bones; 07-11-2017, 05:43 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

I have had good luck with them as well. I found them to be effective and great blood trails.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
                        I am not real impressed with them. I shot a Sika doe with one and it did not pass through. I have some if anyone would like to buy them.
                        Would you send me one haha

Comment

Originally posted by TaylorE View Post
                          I have a set and am kind of hesitant on the amount of pressure it takes to open the blades up. I am sure they have no problem opening on impact but in my head the mechanical mechanisms are a little rough.
                          That's kinda what I was worried about.

Comment

If anyone does have any they would trade i have a pack of ramcats that I would trade. Still in the pack. They are 100 gr but I'd prefer 125 gr

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                              If anyone does have any they would trade i have a pack of ramcats that I would trade. Still in the pack. They are 100 gr but I'd prefer 125 gr

Dang it man!! I have already made a deal with another member. I asked him if he had any ramcats to trade, but he didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X