help me disconnect from cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me disconnect from cable

sick and tired of direct tv and all the cable companies ,what do I need to buy to watch tv local channels? or internet tv .an antenna? hulu? roku? voodoo? whoodoo?youdoo? be specific I am not very computer literate please help.......

I'm right there with ya. Just spent 45 minutes on the phone with those yay-hoos trying to get my bill back down to earth. First they get you all hooked up and charge you just enough to tolerate it. Then they start easing the bill up a dollar or two a month or give you some "special" rate that expires in 6 months whereupon your bill shoots over $200/month. I'll admit I said some bad words to the poor middle eastern feller at some point in our negotiations. There's got to be a better and cheaper way....

Comment

grab a pitcher sweet tea, read this thread and take notes

you're welcome

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/t...r-op/61842745/

Comment

I'm with you. If it wasn't for my kids and wife, I wouldn't have it

Comment

I with you Direct TV bill just keeps going up. I watch mostly sports, so I am limited. All the streaming stuff is pretty much movies and stuff I don't watch. Think I will cancel it and switch to Dish and ride the discount for a while.

Comment

Tagged for later

Comment

thanks blake ,

Comment

Sling tv is a web based tv that's pretty cheap

We currently just have Apple TV and Netflix. $8 a month is all we pay. Took a little bit to get used to not having "regular" tv but we are also not paying $100 or more a month for watching 3 channels

Comment

get that, load kodi (www.kodi.tv) anything and everything you could ever dream of watching for free, past and present every movie, every tv episode ever made.

if not enough, subscribe, to netflix hulu hbo ect.

Comment

Thought about this a lot lately. Following.

Comment

An android box is the way to go. Pretty much any movie, tv show or sports game can be streamed from the internet, no added expense. This is the box I'll be going with next http://www.amazon.com/Matricom-G-Box...ds=matricom+g2 . As mentioned above load Kodi first and you'll be good to go.
                      Last edited by stxhunter; 03-25-2016, 08:00 PM.

Comment

A lot of guys around here are going with Omnilyfe. They swear by it, no contracts, about $28 bucks a month and over 300 channels. I have not made the move yet but am thinking hard about it.

Comment

jail broke fire stick-your welcome

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                            http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Fire-TV...ywords=fire+tv

get that, load kodi (www.kodi.tv) anything and everything you could ever dream of watching for free, past and present every movie, every tv episode ever made.

if not enough, subscribe, to netflix hulu hbo ect.

Did this about 1 1/2 years ago or so. Haven't looked back since

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                              An android box is the way to go. Pretty much any movie, tv show or sports game can be streamed from the internet, no added expense. This is the box I'll be going with next http://www.amazon.com/Matricom-G-Box...ds=matricom+g2 . As mentioned above load Kodi first and you'll be good to go.
                              save your money. the matricom build sucks. I've run kodi on every single type of device out there and several different android boxes. the cheap $30 sticks and boxes work better than the matricom.

the absolute 2nd best experience is the amazon fire tv. even the fire sticks work well with custom advanced settings. never any buffering once doing the advanced settings.

the best best experience is using a pc. i use a raspberri pi $35 with a keyboard remote and its flawless.

avoid the matricom though-its junk.

Comment

Working...
                              X