Photography Equipment Insurance Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photography Equipment Insurance Questions

For those with photography equipment insurance...

What company?

What is your premium based on?

What does it cover against? (lost, theft, breakage, etc)

Thanks.

Following

Comment

David I can't help with the specific perils but mine is insured for value. My company will repair an item if it is able to be repaired. I learned this when I dropped a camera body earlier this year. If something is lost, stolen or can't be repaired the value insured for applies. Found this in a email from my agent while looking for the name of the company. "The camera equipment scheduled is agreed value not replacement cost. Basically what this means is that if a covered loss you are paid the agreed value shown on the schedule with no deductible or depreciation."

I know I had a number of questions for my agent on perils and she answered them all on the phone for me and to my satisfaction. I think that portion is a pretty standard form of the person articles floater. I have the form if you would like me to send to you.

I'll have to find out the company when Cindy gets home.

Comment

David our company is Central Insurance Cos.

Comment

Thanks, Bill. Our regular insurance broker (a Farmers agent) put us with Scottsdale Insurance. It sounds like our coverage is the same as yours. Every camera and lens is listed with serial number. The annual premium cost is 1% of the total equipment agreed value. Is that about what you're paying? I mainly started the thread to find out if we are in the right ballpark with regard to premium cost or whether there were better prices and/or structures out there.

Comment

Working...
          X