When to re-fletch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to re-fletch?

Last summer I bought 1/2 dozen arrows. Ive done a lot of shooting with them. I'm at the place now that my feathers stand up on impact with the target. Is this an indication that it's time to change them?

If it is time to change them, any suggestions on what to go with? I have a jig and used to fletch vanes all the time.

Thanks,
    Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they still smooth down when you stroke them back I wouldn't. A couple of things we used to do is get scotch guard and spray them then let them dry. Also I sometimes wiped the grease off of my face with my index finger and thumb then run it into the fletch.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I dont think it makes them fly any different - I think fletches have to get really raggedy before it has any significant effect on arrow flight. I swap them out when looking at them starts to bug me.

Comment

I am getting about three months out of mine. They get broken and otherwise torn up and start getting thin and translucent. I buy 100 packs and refletch all one color. That way if one gets a little wear I can twist the nock 120 degrees and even out the wear. I shoot cock feather in and do get some contact. It is hard on feathers.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          I dont think it makes them fly any different - I think fletches have to get really raggedy before it has any significant effect on arrow flight. I swap them out when looking at them starts to bug me.
          I am the same way. I buy 100 for $30, so a dollar to refletch. So when I get tired of them looking ragged, I swap em out.

We were just talking about it this weekend and I usually refletch when I do this to them.

My favorite reason to refletch (yes I know you can soak em, blah, blah, blah! )

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

That's as good a reason as any I guess but I usually clean the while in the shower. Just let them stand in the corner and rinse.

Comment

Working...
            X