Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gulf Shore Alabama. Who's Been & Fishing Guide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gulf Shore Alabama. Who's Been & Fishing Guide...

Anyone been? What was your experience? We are thinking about a trip in May. Was also curious about some fishing while we are there.

Never fished but we stayed at several of the condos managed by Brett Robinson Properties - Phoenix. I want to say the Phoenix V was the last one we stayed in. Right up the street is a Winn-Dixie (South east version of HEB) and a wal-mart.

Haven't stayed there yet, bu the Phoenix west has a lazy river.

Make plans to eat here at lease one night - http://www.throwedrolls.com/

All most forgot. Also down the road from Phoenix V is Florabama. Its a great bar that was built on the state line. They typically have 3 or 4 bands plan in different locations in the bar. Great place to go for some drinks at night.

Comment

Going in august, taking the boat this time. Been 4 years since we went and caught fish from the beach on that trip

Comment

We have two condos in Phoenix V. Let me know if we can help you out with a place to stay.

Tim

Comment

Thanks guys we have a condo lined up at royal something.

Comment

I have a friend with a beach condo if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM.

Comment

I stayed at a beach condo several years ago at Gulf Shores. My brother in law and I went out on a charter boat for red snapper. I don't remember the name of the charter. I do remember that we didn't go far out in the gulf (we could see the beach condos from where we were fishing). Fishing was great for big snappers. Every trip for snapper going out of Galveston or Freeport it seemed like we spent over half the day going out and coming back in.

Comment

I was there last July and we had a blast catching Bonito out of kayaks a few hundred yards offshore. We also took the kids to Ft. Morgan and fished to the left of the old pier a couple of evenings and caught small whiting non-stop.

Comment

Love it there! We always stay in Orange Beach...Little more quiet and laid back!

Comment

We've booked the condo. Now just need to find fishing guides

Comment

I have had excellent luck fishing from the beach there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
                        I have had excellent luck fishing from the beach there.

This ^^^, I lived there for a year on the beach. Always caught fish, including a lot of good sharks.

Sean

Comment

I fished redfish tournaments there for 8 years. It is a beautiful place! Fishing is not on the level of Louisiana but it is still great if you know where to look. I love catching redfish in creeks surrounded by pine trees. Most of the events were based out of The Wharf in Orange Beach. Will you have access to a boat? PM me if you want fishing info. I kept a journal of every day there and have all my maps and gps points.

Comment

You might check and see if Jessie's trout lodge is still guiding. We stayed there several times while prefishing. The lodge is on the Bon Secour river in Gulf Shores. The guides I talked to there all seemed like they knew what they were doing.

Comment

Thanks speck1 no boat will be looking for guide. 1-2 days

Comment

Working...
                              X