TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Samsung Galaxy S8 good or not? (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669268)

coachk 11-08-2017 10:40 AM

Samsung Galaxy S8 good or not?
 
We need new phones and fixing to switch to Verizon from USCellular. Will be buying 3 phones (my wife, daughter, and i) and figured we'd go with the newer Samsung since my wife and I had s6's and daughter an s4 for past several years with no real issues. The lady at verizon was trying to talk me out of getting the S8 saying there have been quite a few problems that samsung is trying to work out... First I've heard of this, so any of ya'll having any issues with these phones??

AgBass01 11-08-2017 10:44 AM

I have a S8 and have had no issues with it.

2014FusionM 11-08-2017 10:54 AM

Tagged I have the S5 and I think it is about time to upgrade after 3 years. Although I may just buy another battery for 12$ and keep it, I haven't made up my mind yet.

Fishxbones 11-08-2017 10:57 AM

Have s8 active. Think it's only on att though. Same as s8 just tougher body,larger battery and no beveled screen. I like it a lot.

AgBass01 11-08-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishxbones (Post 12906102)
Have s8 active. Think it's only on att though. Same as s8 just tougher body,larger battery and no beveled screen. I like it a lot.

Wish I had waited a few months and got the S8 active for all the reasons you listed. I had a S6 active and loved it. When I went to trade in my phone the active was not available yet.

Storm 11-08-2017 11:02 AM

I have the S8+ and have han no problems with it.

Reelthreat 11-08-2017 11:03 AM

Phone salesmen are about as deceiving as they come... if they have a phone that is lagging or one they get bigger bonuses from they will push it even if it has serious issues and badmouth others.

One week they may say XY phone has issues and next week it is the greatest ever made.

duckmanep 11-08-2017 11:03 AM

I recently went from the S5 to the S7. I didn't think I would like the 'no button' on the S8. Liking the 7 so far.

Chew 11-08-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishxbones (Post 12906102)
Have s8 active. Think it's only on att though. Same as s8 just tougher body,larger battery and no beveled screen. I like it a lot.

I love the Active line of galaxy. The s8 active is coming out for tmobile and sprint in 2 weeks.

Abcdj 11-08-2017 11:11 AM

Still on the 5. No plans to upgrade till att shuts it down for me.

garza 11-08-2017 11:38 AM

have the S8+ and love it. not one issue.

TX_Phil 11-08-2017 11:50 AM

I still have my S5 Active and it's ok. Started noticing that its getting really slow at times but not all the time. Like taking 45 seconds to open txt messages and such. The battery still last 10-12 hours before dropping below the 20% level. The S8 Active looks really nice but not sure about wanting to sign another contract.

the-butcher 11-08-2017 11:51 AM

Love mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stickbowcoop 11-08-2017 12:06 PM

I am on my 3rd Galaxy and this one may be my last. I had an S5, S5 Active, now an S7. I don't know why but the 5 and now my 7 have horrible battery life. Sprint replaced them because they agreed a 1/2 day of not even using it shouldn't drain past 50%. My wife has a new Note and hers is awesome. My S7 is crap. They both also overheated occasionally if I used them a lot. I don't even use a phone case (what Spring tried to blame the heat issue on). I think the quality of the Galaxy line is hit or miss. At least in my experience.

BigDraw 11-08-2017 12:15 PM

I have the S8+ with no problems

BrianL 11-08-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stickbowcoop (Post 12906378)
I am on my 3rd Galaxy and this one may be my last. I had an S5, S5 Active, now an S7. I don't know why but the 5 and now my 7 have horrible battery life. Sprint replaced them because they agreed a 1/2 day of not even using it shouldn't drain past 50%. My wife has a new Note and hers is awesome. My S7 is crap. They both also overheated occasionally if I used them a lot. I don't even use a phone case (what Spring tried to blame the heat issue on). I think the quality of the Galaxy line is hit or miss. At least in my experience.

You need to check what app is using all your battery. I bet it is an app problem more than a phone problem. Also some phone settings that are battery hogs...

Spearchunker 11-08-2017 12:25 PM

Love mine

hogslayer78 11-08-2017 12:41 PM

My wife and I both have the S8 active and we love it with 0 issues so far. Battery is great also!

coldgas 11-08-2017 12:49 PM

Had mine since Sept. with no issues.

Hollywood 11-08-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianL (Post 12906444)
You need to check what app is using all your battery. I bet it is an app problem more than a phone problem. Also some phone settings that are battery hogs...

^^^this^^^

Hollywood 11-08-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogslayer78 (Post 12906526)
My wife and I both have the S8 active and we love it with 0 issues so far. Battery is great also!

Good to hear, my S6 Active is still going strong, battery was falling off quick, until I cleaned out some unwanted apps.

TXHUNT3R 11-08-2017 01:04 PM

Have had no issues with it, operates smooth as can be. Battery is amazing compared to previous S models.

Couple of dislikes.

Do not like the curved screen, its weird to click things on the screen that are on the curve.
Having no button at all on the screen makes it hard to tell what end is up. 9 times out of 10 I pick the phone up, upside down.

hogslayer78 11-08-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXHUNT3R (Post 12906597)
Have had no issues with it, operates smooth as can be. Battery is amazing compared to previous S models.

Couple of dislikes.

Do not like the curved screen, its weird to click things on the screen that are on the curve.
Having no button at all on the screen makes it hard to tell what end is up. 9 times out of 10 I pick the phone up, upside down.

This is why we chose the S8 active. It doesnt have the curved edge. I didnt like that part about the regular S8.

SB09 11-08-2017 01:18 PM

S8 owner here. No complaints at all. Great phone in my opinion.

Shane 11-08-2017 01:37 PM

I have the S8 Active. My son has the S8+. I like the Active better. I have no need for the curved screen edge. Had to send his + back to replace the USB port. It was giving him a false error saying there was water in the USB port, so it wouldn't let the phone charge. Took them a month to return it, but it's fixed now. No problems with my Active so far. Great phone.

coachk 11-08-2017 01:49 PM

Thanks for all the replies... never heard of the "active" line of samsung, but will be checking it out!

Sticks&Strings 11-08-2017 07:40 PM

I have the note 8 and really like it...No issues either.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Shane 11-08-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachk (Post 12906769)
Thanks for all the replies... never heard of the "active" line of samsung, but will be checking it out!

I think the first Active was the S5. That's the first one I had anyway. Then the 7, now the 8....

LakeJake 11-08-2017 10:58 PM

I have the S8 and can only think of one possibly neg. If you have "man hands" as in sometimes they're really dirty, dry, banged up... the fingerprint scanner doesnt always work as a quick unlock tool.

Other than that, its been just fine. Ive been rocking Samsung Galaxies for a decade.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DFWPI 11-08-2017 11:05 PM

Had the 8 and now 8+, so not sure what the problems are. But, man sure wish I had the new Note....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com