Tower Blind Build aka Murder Mansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Blind Build aka Murder Mansion

Buddy just bought a ranch king blind and paid 4300.00. We were admiring it and I thought to my self I’m gonna build me a new one that should last the rest of my life. My thoughts were 5x7 and spend the money to make it nice, so off to the metal shop I went. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5477.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	25132725
    Bottom of frame 2” tubing 11 gauge thickness. Frame is 5x10 to accommodate a 3’ porch.
    Next was to make the sleeves for my legs to slide into and brackets and gussets to make it all solid.
    Realized I better get it outside before I went any further or I’d never get it out so my thinking is I’ll just build the rest on the trailer and not have to mess with loading it.
    Onto the frame. 1” square tubing will fit the bill.
    All framed up to accommodate 2-4’x12” , 1-3’x12”, and 12”x12” deerview windows plus a 24x60 deluxe door. I decided to raise my door up so I could step over a lip rather than duck my head. Stay tuned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good so far.

Comment

Looking good brother.

Comment

Love these builds, looks great!

Comment

Man I wish I was handy!!

Comment

I dont reckon that one is gonna have a weak spot in the floor or anywhere else for that matter

Comment

Looking pretty good man, gonna be a heck of a stand !!

Comment

Awesome work

Comment

Thanks Guys, I'm leaning towards 12ft legs. Its gonna sit overlooking about 150 acres of wheat fields

Comment

Added wood to the outside to provide support for the sheet metal skin.

Interior with shelf installed

1/2 plywood on the sides and 3/4 for the floor.
                    Roof material is shipping blanks for refer units. Units are shipped uninstalled and 6x4 sheets are used to plug opening. Sheet is basically 3/8 poly plastic sandwiched between 2 layers of sheet metal. Awesome stuff and really durable, but kinda heavy. Sheets also have laps to put them together.

Comment

looking good so far

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Interior walls were installed after insulation. Wires ran for led lighting, solar charger and USB ports too.
                          Used some work resources for my sheet metal skin.

Wrapped in sheet metal and trim installed. Now time for paint and interior.

Comment

Caulked up and painted. Had to cut holes for window openings, got a new Dewalt electric nibbler/cutter. Thing is awesome made quick work of this sheet metal.

Started carpet on the inside and built my shelves for propane bottle storage. Hard to get excited about that when it’s 83 degrees, but hopefully I’ll be happy I did it later.

This build will be considered a success if I don’t have to kill yellow-jackets in it next fall.

Comment

This thing is gonna be sick! In for the rest of the ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X