Cross bow question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross bow question

Having to go to a cross bow this year because of a shoulder injury. My question is how do you start to zero one in I mean there is no bore site like on a gun so how do you start with a scope just to get on the target.

Kind of like a bow. If you can get to a range with a large backstop, start at 10 yards. Work back.

Comment

I just sighted one in. My first shot was from about 7 yds to make sure I would at least hit the target. Then backed up and adjusted from there.

Comment

I use a red dot scope and did the same as above.... started close and moved back. I still don't feel comfortable with anything over 30 yards. Nothing changes in the bow hunting scenario with the exception of not having to draw the bow back. Lots of fun man, I love mine.

Comment

I recently bought my first crossbow - Killer Instinct KI-350 with a 4x scope. I was confused because the instructions that came with the scope kept saying "rifle", rather than "crossbow" despite the reticle showing elevation for different ranges for a crossbow. I emailed the factory and the customer service rep said I should sight it in for a zero at 25 yds., and then the holdovers would/should be pretty much dead on. He also told me the scope would be close to dead on right out of the box. Son-of-a-gun if he wasn't right.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

sight it in like a rifle. start at 10 yds, just to make sure you hit the target. then back up and go from there.

Comment

Don't fear the crossbow. Eyeball it after you mount the sight system. Start at ten yards, use consistant equipment, practice even out to 60 yards. You kneed to know pretty well what your exact range is if you wanna be proficient. An ACOG Crossbow scope is worth every penny, so is a range finder or measured lengths of para cord. If you have the right equipment its almost a one hole setup at 60 yards.

I'm comfortable to 70 yards. I don't use any sound suppression.

Good Luck
              Last edited by Voodoo; 07-17-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

If you have not purchased one yet be sure you can cock it with your shoulder or buy one with a crank

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                  If you have not purchased one yet be sure you can cock it with your shoulder or buy one with a crank

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                  If you have one without a crank a cocking rope will really help.

Comment

I have never sighted in a crossbow, but if I was doing it, I would start close. Maybe even place the bow in some sort of gun rest from where you will fire it. When it is setup, take a step back and look straight down the arrow to make sure the arrow will hit about where you are expecting up and down. I guess treat the straight line down the arrow the same as you would the barrel of a gun.

Comment

Working...
                    X