CHL/LTC Waiting Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHL/LTC Waiting Game

Took the class October 18th and still waiting to get my license. I called and they said everything looked good to give it more time. I never understood how I can get a background check in a few minutes to buy a pistol, but takes months for a background check to carry it crazy.

Two totally different background checks or so I've been told.

Comment

I'm waiting on my renewal

Comment

When you purchase a gun you go through the Federal NICS check system....CHL is done at the state level. I'm not sure what system they use but I belive it's a lot deeper look rhen just buying a gun.

Comment

I've been trying to change my address for almost a month but keep getting the site is down.
          Have they moved the site or is there a new one that I'm missing.

Can someone post the link to changing an address?

Thanks,

Comment

Apply for, renew, or check the status of a handgun license or instructor certification online with the Texas Department of Public Safety.

I did the app last Monday for my recent move and got my new CHL today.

Comment

hmm thats weird i did my class around the same time waited like a month to do my paperwork then it took two weeks and got mine in.

Comment

Originally posted by soutexbowhunter View Post
                hmm thats weird i did my class around the same time waited like a month to do my paperwork then it took two weeks and got mine in.
                Had a friend of mine take the same class I did. We sent the paper work fingerprints and money in at the same time and he got his in 2 weeks and I'm still waiting.

Comment

Working...
                X