Pipe Bar Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipe Bar Cart

Unfortunately I forgot to get most of the pictures that I meant to, but I have the finished one and thats all that matters!

I decided to make a bar cart for our kitchen area, and went with 3/4" black pipe from supplyhouse.com. The wood is just untreated 2x6 from Lowes. I cut them to length, stained and sealed, then assembled with the pipe. Overall it is 36" long, about 34" tall, and 16.5" deep. Total spent was about 200 dollars. You could knock that down a little with 1/2" pipe if you wanted to. This thing is heavy, and should last a long time. I'll post pics in the first reply from my phone. If anyone is interested I could write up my total used supplies as well.

Pic. Sorry for the medium quality, you dont realize how low quality the phone is till you look at it on the big screen!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!!!!

And well stocked.

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
        Nice!!!!

And well stocked.
        Well of course Although there are several things that should be on there I just can't convince myself are worth the money!

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Very nice! I am looking to make a bookcase like that...

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
              Very nice! I am looking to make a bookcase like that...
              It's super simple, however I will share the 2 big things I learned:
              The cost of pipe adds up quickly

I ordered the foreign pipe from supply house which was the cheapest. Threads weren't all square, so it took some doing to get everything lined up right. I'm not sure if the domestic stuff would be better or not.

Comment

I like it man, price seems steep especially with labor involved. but I'm sure the quality surpasses something similar at 2x the price

Comment

Originally posted by Allaroundhunt View Post
                  I like it man, price seems steep especially with labor involved. but I'm sure the quality surpasses something similar at 2x the price
                  Ya, it definitely wasn't cheap, but like you said a comparable cart was selling fir 6-700 on etsy and the like. Stuff was pretty chinsy in the 200 dollar range. Could probably be done cheaper buying full pipe lengths and cutting and threading, but decided my time was worth more! Otherwise I probably could have made it with square tubing for cheaper with welded flanges, but didn't want to have to weld

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
                    Ya, it definitely wasn't cheap, but like you said a comparable cart was selling fir 6-700 on etsy and the like. Stuff was pretty chinsy in the 200 dollar range. Could probably be done cheaper buying full pipe lengths and cutting and threading, but decided my time was worth more! Otherwise I probably could have made it with square tubing for cheaper with welded flanges, but didn't want to have to weld

I may have to replicate when I have the time and money. I got the scotch/whiskey cabinet restored over the holidays and wouldn't mind having a better looking display area other than the counter top.

Comment

Originally posted by Allaroundhunt View Post
                      I may have to replicate when I have the time and money. I got the scotch/whiskey cabinet restored over the holidays and wouldn't mind having a better looking display area other than the counter top.
                      That was our goal! When we moved into our new apartment the cupboard tops were full of liquor! The nice thing is you can make it about any size you want. If you have a permanent location for it i would consider skipping the wheels though. As narrow as it is you lose some stability

Comment

That's really nice! Good job.

Comment

Working...
                        X