Heart Attack Symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart Attack Symptoms?

Looking to hear from folks that have had a heart attack. I'll preface this post with I know that you are going to tell me if I am asking these questions, just go get checked out. I am going to ask these questions because I don't have insurance and can't afford to pay off med bills for 20 years over something that may be nothing. I am healthy as far as I know with no known health issues. I've only been to the doctor a few times since I was 18 and I'll be 40 in July.

I started feeling really funny before lunch on Friday and got really light headed to the point I thought I was going to pass out a couple of times. It felt like a 200lb man was standing on my chest and I was short of breath and fatigued. This was while sitting at my desk. No pain at that point, just a tightness. I got home that evening and had my wife check my blood pressure a couple of times. First time 158/90... second time an hour later was 132/110. I wasn't feeling the crushing sensation in my chest by then so I blew it off. I was fatigued all weekend and then started having some random intermittent pains in my left shoulder and arm. Not terribly painful but attention getting. It went away so I went to bed. Today at work, the pains came back in my arm and shoulder and now my neck as well. the pain subsided now but my left arm and shoulder has felt asleep for the last 2 hours. I don't feel the pressure in my chest like I did Friday though. If it was a heart attack, wouldn't I have known it by now?

could be a number of things.

Anxiety can feel like that. But so can a heart attack.

Comment

damm dude, GO TO A DOCTOR!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        Looking to hear from folks that have had a heart attack. I'll preface this post with I know that you are going to tell me if I am asking these questions, just go get checked out. I am going to ask these questions because I don't have insurance and can't afford to pay off med bills for 20 years over something that may be nothing. I am healthy as far as I know with no known health issues. I've only been to the doctor a few times since I was 18 and I'll be 40 in July.

I started feeling really funny before lunch on Friday and got really light headed to the point I thought I was going to pass out a couple of times. It felt like a 200lb man was standing on my chest and I was short of breath and fatigued. This was while sitting at my desk. No pain at that point, just a tightness. I got home that evening and had my wife check my blood pressure a couple of times. First time 158/90... second time an hour later was 132/110. I wasn't feeling the crushing sensation in my chest by then so I blew it off. I was fatigued all weekend and then started having some random intermittent pains in my left shoulder and arm. Not terribly painful but attention getting. It went away so I went to bed. Today at work, the pains came back in my arm and shoulder and now my neck as well. the pain subsided now but my left arm and shoulder has felt asleep for the last 2 hours. I don't feel the pressure in my chest like I did Friday though. If it was a heart attack, wouldn't I have known it by now?
        Sound like the same symptoms my dad had with his heart attack, especially the pressure on your chest.

Comment

acid reflux, anxiety/stress, heart attack, etc

if it's the latter, you may not get a do-over......go to doc

Comment

From a provider point of view, you at least had a cardiac event. Whether angina-warning or the full attack. The 2nd BP is most worrisome as well as the fatigue you have felt. It is not that expensive to get an EKG done to see. A heart attack can still show up and it could have been a partial thickness attack instead of a full thickness or transmural. GET THE EKG done then get help.

Comment

From someone who has had a heart attack, Get in the car and have you wife to the ER.
              This is not something to gamble on.

Comment

My buddy, relatively healthy at 40 y/0 felt like you. Went to the dr and 3 hours was having quadruple bypass.
                We run on dead people on their 40's all the time

Comment

Been through this before and rest assured it's cheaper to get checked out than to have an emergency event. Please don't put it off another minute. The clock is ticking. Do this for your family and loved ones if not for yourself.

Comment

I would definately go get checked out. Not everyone has the same symptoms. Heart attacks are occurring to younger and younger people these days.

My symptoms werent any of the above until it was almost too late. I waited an extra day to do something about it and was lucky as you can get.

I had throbbing sensations in my teeth/jaw and then later the pressure on the chest and difficulty in beathing. Drove myself to the ER (not suppoesed to do, call ems), walked in to the ER and the next thing I knew, getting stripped down and rushed into surgery.

Go get checked out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

By the way, age 46 at the time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Your symptoms read like a google list for a heart attack.

You could have had a mild myocardial infarction with the next one being more problematic.

Definitely time to get the EKG to see if there's any blockage in the coronary arteries or damage.

Aspirin is the immediate treatment but you need to move on this. It's time critical.

Comment

Go to the freakin' doctor, Josh!!!! Many people never get the opportunity to have a 2nd heart attack. Don't mess around. Go get checked out tonight. Nothing you have going on at work is as important as your well-being.

Comment

Around ten years ago I had very similar issues. I was running 5 K’s, half marathons, and working out five days a week. No way I was having a heart attack. But, I knew my dad’s side has a tendency for heart disease. Went straight to dr’s office, stress test, and 24 hours later a stint was installed. Sure enough heart attack. Right artery blocked 90% and left 40%. Don’t mess around.

Comment

Rather than a $100K+ visit to the hospital, go to your doctor tomorrow and get checked out.

Comment

Working...
                              X