Knee surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knee surgery

Well guys I got my knee fixed (hopefully) yesterday!!
    Ive suffered through it for several years but after making 2 long drags with deer last season and a pretty bad hike for bear in Wyoming I decided it was time!! Figured this was a good time to get it done. Plenty of time for recovery and to start getting back in shape for next September!! Gonna try for elk this year!
    No more excuses for my weight and being so out of shape!!!
    Look out critters, here I come!!!

What did you get done?

two-time knee surgery veteran here. 3rd one is inevitable when I am "older".

Comment

Hey Scott, I got Bad knees from motocross when I was younger . Amongst just being hard on my body overall. Had a lot of damage to my meniscus as well as a cyst. The cyst grew because of the damage.
      They drained the cyst and “repaired “ the meniscus.
      I think all they actually did was cut away all the tore edges. Not sure though

Comment

That's about normal. They'll trim and trim til there's none then they'll say time to replace.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
          Hey Scott, I got Bad knees from motocross when I was younger . Amongst just being hard on my body overall. Had a lot of damage to my meniscus as well as a cyst. The cyst grew because of the damage.
          They drained the cyst and “repaired “ the meniscus.
          I think all they actually did was cut away all the tore edges. Not sure though
          Sounds like a "minimal" scope job, so you should be up and going pretty good here soon Most meniscus tears are just trimmed like you said. You have a nick and they just trim it so it doesn't get worse or bind, etc. Just stick with the rehab and you will be golden!

Myself, I dislocated my knee when I was young, tore all that up as well as sheared off a piece of bone/cartilage off my femur... They opened me up and there were items like "chisel and hammer" on my bills for my 2 surgeries! If I can bounce back from that... you got this made!

Prayers for a speedy and full recovery!

Comment

Hope recovery goes well my friend!

I've got something going in my right knee that flares up from time to time I need to get looked at, but keep putting off.

Comment

Randy, I think you should do well if they just scoped it. My wife had a replacement last Monday on her left knee and had her right knee replaced 5 years ago. They scoped both prior to the replacements and she knew almost right away the scope did not fix it on either knee. She was right. If it feels better that what it did before the scope you ought to be in good shape. At any rate, good luck on your recovery.

Comment

Thx guys!
                Yea it’s nothing major. It’s one of those things that Sounds worse than it actually is.
                Should be up and running in no time!!

Comment

I’ve had reconstruction on my right knee after a scope when I was young. They sawed the tib fib and put 3/8 x3” screws in and removed half the cap and meniscus. I did 15 miles last year with full pack in 10000 foot Rocky Mountains. I’m so glad my doctor told me to get out and never stop pushing myself. I had several doctors tell me I’d have to do a desk job my whole life and never be able to be super active. One word of wisdom is do your pt no matter what make yourself do it exactly like they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You should recover quickly, if you do do your PT. My wife had both knees replaced the last week in August 2017. She worked liked a trooper getting through the therapy and now can out walk me. Watching her, I don't want to ever have to do that.

Comment

Good luck, and heal quickly.

Keeping moving, and good therapy are the key to success.

Counting one what they called a "forced manipulation", I've had 10 knee surgeries total.
                      6 scopes, and 3 major surgeries, one of the majors being a total replacement.

Yeah, my knees suck, but they are doing pretty good now that the left was reconstructed, and the ACL replaced, and the right totally replaced. I might not be able to get around real fast, but I'm stable, so I wouldn't hesitate to go hunting in the mountains if the doable opportunity was presented.

Rick

Comment

Hope the recovery goes quick bud!!

Comment

Had TKR on right 4w and 2d ago..pain been minimal and seldome even notice discomfort nowI figger I am 95% there..fst week on walker and or crutch at home..since then none..L knee to be replaced may21...can't wait..
                          Do your PT and exercise at home Pre -Post surgery...and I been rideing a recumbunt bike for 3w or so...up to 30min aday
                          Cleared to Drive in 2w.....GOOD LUCK

Neighbor had a Scope job about a year ago..he said I was getting around better the fst week than he was in the first month ...Guess I got lucky

Comment

Do the rehab, and get well soon!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hope you heal up quick Randy! I was down 5 months but I had major damage, acl, mcl, meniscus, lateral meniscus and a detached ovm

Comment

Working...
                              X