Chest holster suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been looking at things for my Wyoming Elk hunt and I will be carrying a back up sidearm in addition to bear spray as we will be in Grizz country. Since we will be spending alot of time on horseback I'm not sure how a belt holster will work along with my pack. I have been looking at some of the chest holsters and chest packs such as the Alaskan Wilderness and Hill People Gear. I dont want my holster attached to my pack as its often we dump packs to move faster if needed. Only issue I'm coming up with on the chest holster is it interfering with my binos.

My current solution would be if I got the Hill People Gear pack then I could attached a Molle bino case to the outside.

https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Produ.../1/ProductID/5

http://www.cabelas.com/product/MAN-G...7.uts?slotId=2

Any thoughts?

Is a thigh holster out of the question given the time on horseback?

Comment

The Chesty Suspension System from Simply Rugged Holsters is pretty nice.

Holsters Holsters Belts Belts Pouches Pouches Slings Slings Wallets Wallets Swag Swag Featured Products DEFCON 3 – Leather Concealed Carry Holster DEFCON 3 – Leather Concealed Carry Holster $140.00 All American – Full Flap Pancake – Leather Holster All American – Full Flap Pancake – Leather Holster $150.00 DEFCON 4 – Leather Concealed Carry Holster […]

Comment

I'd look at a thigh holster or a shoulder holster.

Comment

Prior to you mentioning the Hill People Gear I would have went another way with my suggestion.

Needless to say the HPG gets my vote. I have one and run through my neighborhood with it and my G19. I have worn it backpacking (read: during field training exercises ) and it is one of my favorite pieces of kit that I own. Worth the coin and very well made.

Comment

I went with a kenai. Zero regrets using it with my .460

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
              I went with a kenai. Zero regrets using it with my .460
              Yeah I like the Kenai, but dang...150.00! That is what drove me away. I like their concept, but other options provide element protection as well as storage for other items such as bullets, cell phone, tags, etc.

Comment

What handgun will you be carrying?

Comment

Heard good things about Hill People. Those of you mentioning a thigh holster. Are you talking about a drop leg? Those things suck horribly. Especially given the OP's need to potentially move around quickly.

Comment

Have never seen a bad review for the Kenai from Gunfighters Inc

You'll be wearing it all day so better make sure it's as comfortable as your underwear

Comment

Kenai.....worth every penny!

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                        Yeah I like the Kenai, but dang...150.00! That is what drove me away. I like their concept, but other options provide element protection as well as storage for other items such as bullets, cell phone, tags, etc.
                        I'm assuming you'll be wearing a pistol or revolver for protection from bears ? Is your hide worth $150 ?

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                          I purchase a bullet loop for it and it holds an additional 6 rounds. My revolver only holds 5, so that is another full cylinder plus one. If I’m still in trouble after all of that with a 460 then I give up.

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                            Have never seen a bad review for the Kenai from Gunfighters Inc

You'll be wearing it all day so better make sure it's as comfortable as your underwear

I have the Kenai and it is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                              I purchase a bullet loop for it and it holds an additional 6 rounds. My revolver only holds 5, so that is another full cylinder plus one. If I’m still in trouble after all of that with a 460 then I give up.

Man there was just a case where some guys had to shoot a sow griz like 7 times with a .300 win mag to stop it. Better pack another full cylinder [emoji51] haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X