Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the biggest buck you have ever seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When and where were were you when you saw the biggest buck you ever saw?

Was he ever taken and how big was he?

Post pics!

Granger WMA 8 years ago.
    Last edited by bossbowman; 11-08-2015, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Probably 150 WT never got a shot
      200+ mule deer and I missed

Comment

I saw a 195 plus inch Mule deer in West Texas in probably 1996.

I don't have any pictures. I hunted him for quite a bit of that bow season, but I never could get onto that bachelor group.

Comment

I saw three bucks several years ago on Cache river that probably all would have been 160+ plus running together in a bean field. Saw one swimming the boat row at Lost Island hunting with a buddy years a ago that probably would have score 180. Perfect 12 point and I could have grabbed him by the horns! It was almost tempting but sure was a pretty site. I'll probably never see one like that again.

Comment

171 3/8 net whitetail in atascosa county December 17, 1993.
            With a rifle late in the rut. Low fence, no feed.
            I have seen Lots of big bucks since then , but none bigger.n
            Last edited by Big pig; 11-08-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

230ish Rafter R ranch zavalla county in 2003

Well over 200 in Denton county last year

Both low fence

Comment

Back when I was young (14 or 15) we were hunting fall turkey from where I am from in central PA. I was out on the side of the mountain on some property that we helped manage for the owner. 4 doe came out on the lower bench and stopped. A few minutes later they began looking back down the draw. I figured a buck was not far behind. Out of the draw walks a monster of a buck. They came out maybe 50 yards below me and through the binos I counted 23 points. When we broke for lunch I was telling my Pap, Uncle and step father about the buck and they were getting a good laugh out of it. A few weeks later while on night duty (step father was a police officer) my step father called the house to see if I was there and said he was coming by to pick me up to show me something. We drive over to the game commission office in my town and pull around to the game shed. There hanging up with some GWs talking was the 23 point buck. They had busted 2 guys that night that had shot it under spot light. I don't have pics but that buck is mounted in the Game Commission office there to this day. Sorry for the long reply.

Comment

Saw a big freak all summer one year. Sat out and watched him a bunch on DCNF. Saw him on private property 1/4 mile from there on Nov 30th. Got permission to hunt and he he came in with big purple spots on his head Dec 2nd. Sheds were found and scored 240ish.

Had pics of one much larger in almost the same spot 10 years later.

Comment

Biggest whitetail 190" typical 10pt in Kansas two years ago.
                    Biggest Mule Deer a 200" 5x5 up in the snow covered pines of Montana last year. He was straight lining looking for does and I couldn't keep up or get around for a shot due to the terrain.

Comment

Granger WMA about 5 years ago. Saw a 10 pushing 150. Got a shot off with my crossbow but it sailed a few inches over his back. Got drawn this year, and now i get two months to even the score !

Comment

Saw this deer two days before one of our rifle hunters killed him. 190 3/8 gross with a broken brow. 25 inside, 29 inch MBs.

I killed this deer in 2011. I had not seen him except on cam until he came in. 182 7/8 gross.

I killed this deer last year 160 7/8 gross.

These three are the biggest deer I've ever seen outside of HF

Comment

Saw a huge non-typical in Angelina NF one year. I was hoofing it back to the truck in a poring rain and looked up. On the trail ahead of me about 70 yards. One of those high fence looking non-typical with points going everywhere. We looked at each other for a few seconds, then I realized I had a rifle on my shoulder. Threw down on him but couldn't see anything due to the scope covered in water. He busted out of there never to be seen again.

Comment

Parker county. 185. Mainframe 12

Comment

Just over 260" at Droptine ranch in Trent.

Comment

Working...
                              X