TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread.... (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738128)

Dale Moser 07-28-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttechdallas (Post 14271476)
They are not identical forms of comparison by any means, but let's face the facts. The mobile Dak was sacked 58 times last season, 11 more times than the much less than mobile Eli. So let's not pretend Zeke had stellar line play while the O-line took plays off when Dak threw the ball.

They are not forms of comparison at all. Dak holds the ball and takes sacks, Eli gets rid of it...what happens after that doesnít seem to concern him.

Iím not saying Zeke isnít great, but the overwhelming odds say that he wonít be in 3 years, at which time all you guys would have him making ~13-15 million, while some 3rd rounder yet to be drafted is taking his snaps. You guys are not paying attention to the trends of the league!

Heís under contract for two more years, he can show up to work, or he can **** all the way off to buffalo or the jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart 07-29-2019 12:34 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...feb02d8252.jpg

Kurdawg 07-29-2019 06:02 AM

Go cowboys!!

Jcjohnson 07-29-2019 08:32 AM

Just took a look at Dallas depth chart at RB. Will this work if zeke does sit out?

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/DAL

Smart 07-29-2019 08:57 AM

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/s...768323584?s=21

Jcjohnson 07-29-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14271837)

:eek: dime

ATI 07-29-2019 09:06 AM

EVERY YEAR, the media will lead the people to believe the Cowboys are a "Contender" and will continue to do so through the first 5-6 games of the season,,, then when they have a 4-4 (or a worse) record, they will try to blame it on one or two people and want Garrett's, the Offensive Coordinator or the Defensive Coordinator's head on a plate or a new ownership....
I'm personally tired of all the media Hoopla and BS talk... let's wait and see the first 6 games of the season....

I as a long time Cowboys fan am tired of being led to believe all that hoopla and I'm not as optimistic... There are a lot of good team who are keeping quiet and not making a big deal about their chances...

By the way.... F Zeke.

mjhaverkamp 07-29-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14271500)
They are not forms of comparison at all. Dak holds the ball and takes sacks, Eli gets rid of it...what happens after that doesnít seem to concern him.

Iím not saying Zeke isnít great, but the overwhelming odds say that he wonít be in 3 years, at which time all you guys would have him making ~13-15 million, while some 3rd rounder yet to be drafted is taking his snaps. You guys are not paying attention to the trends of the league!

Heís under contract for two more years, he can show up to work, or he can **** all the way off to buffalo or the jets.

We don't care how good he is in 3-4 years, the time is now, all they need to do is extend him and make it a 4 year deal, he is cheap compared to what Dak is going to get, and not too many feel Dak can succeed without Zeke.

Smart 07-29-2019 09:33 AM

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14271866)
We don't care how good he is in 3-4 years, the time is now, all they need to do is extend him and make it a 4 year deal, he is cheap compared to what Dak is going to get, and not too many feel Dak can succeed without Zeke.

All they need to do is extend him? And Dak and Amari and Jaylon and Jones and after resigning Lawrence?. They canít afford them all at what they want ...and you want them to just break the bank on Zeke and pay what heís asking?

tdwinklr 07-29-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcjohnson (Post 14271793)
Just took a look at Dallas depth chart at RB. Will this work if zeke does sit out?

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/DAL

same scenario at QB ... no backups.

Dale Moser 07-29-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14271866)

He's under contract for 2 years...that includes NOW!

He needs to get his *** to work!

What kind of salary are you proposing for the next 4 yrs?

ATI 07-29-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14271963)

Exactly....

like I said, F Zeke....

mjhaverkamp 07-29-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14271963)

These are guesses, he is making around 8M this year, 11M next year, first franchise tag 14m, second franchise tag 16M, that is 49M to keep him for 4 years, so somewhere in that ball park.

Smart 07-29-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14272072)
These are guesses, he is making around 8M this year, 11M next year, first franchise tag 14m, second franchise tag 16M, that is 49M to keep him for 4 years, so somewhere in that ball park.

You are guessing? How can you make an argument or decision when you donít even know the numbers?

Heís making 3.8 mill base this year and 9 million next year ... signing bonuses are already spent money. you are already 8 million higher in your first two seasons. Zeke wants $15 mil per and most of it guaranteed.

Dale Moser 07-29-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14272072)

I was under the impression he was wanting 5 years and closer to 14 per. 4 for 46 with some incentives....I'm in, not sure he takes that though. A bunch of non-guaranteed money on the back may work too...since he doesn't seem very bright.

It just burns my *** that a "professional" can't show up to work...

mjhaverkamp 07-29-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14272085)
You are guessing? How can you make an argument or decision when you donít even know the numbers?

Heís making 3.8 mill base this year and 9 million next year ... signing bonuses are already spent money. you are already 8 million higher in your first two seasons. Zeke wants $15 mil per and most of it guaranteed.

Bonus or not it is still considered salary, i.e. if the Cowboys were to give him 12 M a year for 4 years they would owe him the difference for this year and next year, which would be around 5-6M. I could be wrong but I do not think so.

mjhaverkamp 07-29-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14272100)
I was under the impression he was wanting 5 years and closer to 14 per. 4 for 46 with some incentives....I'm in, not sure he takes that though. A bunch of non-guaranteed money on the back may work too...since he doesn't seem very bright.

It just burns my *** that a "professional" can't show up to work...

I am with you on the showing up part, they could be getting a deal done at camp like they have done for so many players.

Dale Moser 07-29-2019 11:22 AM

I wouldnt so much as email his agent while heís holding out. Get Dak done, get Cooper done, get Smith and Jones done....let that ***** watch the pie get smaller. Iíll be ****ed if Iíd negotiate a new contract for him if he wonít honor the one heís got.

Smart 07-29-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14272113)
Bonus or not it is still considered salary, i.e. if the Cowboys were to give him 12 M a year for 4 years they would owe him the difference for this year and next year, which would be around 5-6M. I could be wrong but I do not think so.

Of course it is still considered salary on the Cowboys' cap books, but he got that money when he signed in year one and its amortized over the life of the contract. The only thing that bonus does now is register as a cap hit. I doubt Zeke is considering that in his "underpaid salary" thoughts right now even though the Cowboys have to. It depends on the negotiation. If he signs a new deal Zeke and his agent can request that they take a bigger hit so he can get more money now. And they will probably frontload a new contract because he is a running back....

mjhaverkamp 07-29-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14272197)
Of course it is still considered salary on the Cowboys' cap books, but he got that money when he signed in year one and its amortized over the life of the contract. The only thing that bonus does now is register as a cap hit. I doubt Zeke is considering that in his "underpaid salary" thoughts right now even though the Cowboys have to. It depends on the negotiation. If he signs a new deal Zeke and his agent can request that they take a bigger hit so he can get more money now. And they will probably frontload a new contract because he is a running back....

He has an 8m cap number this year and an 11M next year, that is his salary, he was paid in advance, if they redo his contract those numbers will be used.

Smart 07-29-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14272235)
He has an 8m cap number this year and an 11M next year, that is his salary, he was paid in advance, if they redo his contract those numbers will be used.

They will be irrelevant if they redo another contract. The unmortized bonus will count toward the cap.....but there will be a whole other set of numbers....especially if they frontload it...

In his mind he's thinking I'm not taking a beating for 3.6 and 9.1 million....to be tossed away at a later date. Every run is more depreciation. He's wanting guaranteed money as an insurance policy against them using him up an throwing him away..

mjhaverkamp 07-29-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14272241)
They will be irrelevant if they redo another contract. The unmortized bonus will count toward the cap.....but there will be a whole other set of numbers....especially if they frontload it...

In his mind he's thinking I'm not taking a beating for 3.6 and 9.1 million....to be tossed away at a later date. Every run is more depreciation. He's wanting guaranteed money as an insurance policy against them using him up an throwing him away..

That may be in his mind but not the Cowboys, he has been paid in advance, they are not just going to tear up the existing contract without accounting for the bonus that he has been paid, if they did that his cap hit would almost double, not happening. So his cap hit is 8M this year, if they pay him 14 M a year then his cap hit would be 22M this year, maybe I do not understand the system but I feel quite confident the money he was guaranteed ( bonus ) will come out of his new deal.Either way I bet they will get something worked out, I do know this, I would rather them pay Zeke than Byron Jones, Dak is screwed without Zeke.

ATI 07-29-2019 12:36 PM

The Cowboys have the leverage.
Zeke will either suck it up and show up to work, or, sit out and be franchise tagged or walk..... or,,,,, get arrested for smacking someone or grabbing a butt or two while intoxicated during off-season and be suspended,,, again.....

He's talented, no doubt, but he's not all there upstairs.

Smart 07-29-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14272321)
That may be in his mind but not the Cowboys, he has been paid in advance, they are not just going to tear up the existing contract without accounting for the bonus that he has been paid, if they did that his cap hit would almost double, not happening. So his cap hit is 8M this year, if they pay him 14 M a year then his cap hit would be 22M this year, maybe I do not understand the system but I feel quite confident the money he was guaranteed ( bonus ) will come out of his new deal.Either way I bet they will get something worked out, I do know this, I would rather them pay Zeke than Byron Jones, Dak is screwed without Zeke.

Uncle Uncle..

Hoss163 07-29-2019 01:19 PM

Send zeke to the browns see how good he does. O wait I forgot they are super bowl contenders this year [emoji23][emoji37]

ATI 07-29-2019 01:19 PM

Latest news on Zeke...

He's headed to Cabo and (NOT Oxnard)

ttechdallas 07-29-2019 01:57 PM

Folks can bash Zeke all they want for doing this but most NFL analysts suggest he is justified because he has zero leverage after this season.

1st round picks have a 5th year option built into their rookie contracts which is solely at the discretion of the team to exercise. The Cowboys have - which means they have him locked up for 5 years. Then they can franchise him in years 6 & 7, meaning that he doesn't get his shot at a big payday until he is 28 or 29. And if he is injured in year 6 or 7, it is over.

For his first 3 years, he has been the most productive back in the NFL playing under a rookie contract. When you look at what the Cowboys did with Murray, which was to basically run him into the ground, then decide he was too used up to sign him to even market value, its easy to understand where Zeke is coming from.

Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, L'aveon Bell, Todd Gurley, Zack Martin and a host of all pro performing 1st round picks have orchestrated the same thing for the same reason - some held out, some got their deals renegotiated.

RB's are especially at risk though because more teams are employing the same philosophy of not signing RB's to guaranteed contracts that will take them past 29-30 years of age.

It's just business. I hope the Cowboys get him signed soon.

tigerscowboy 07-29-2019 08:37 PM

Any buyers on another H.Walker type of trade?

Could shore up the team for another long term of dominance and contending.

txwhitetail 07-29-2019 08:38 PM

Yíall execute me if you want but I wouldnít be ****** if they traded Zeke. What for exactly that someone would offer up Iím not sure but $15 mil a year on a RB in todayís game sounds outrageous to me even by pro sports standards.

mjhaverkamp 07-29-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txwhitetail (Post 14273302)
Yíall execute me if you want but I wouldnít be ****** if they traded Zeke. What for exactly that someone would offer up Iím not sure but $15 mil a year on a RB in todayís game sounds outrageous to me even by pro sports standards.

If you have a middle of the road QB it is a great idea to have the best running back in the NFL along with a top offensive line, just remember what the Seattle did, Cowboys are very close to having the same type of team, bad arse defense with a bad arse back and a QB that can make things happen with his legs.

txwhitetail 07-29-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14273414)
If you have a middle of the road QB it is a great idea to have the best running back in the NFL along with a top offensive line, just remember what the Seattle did, Cowboys are very close to having the same type of team, bad arse defense with a bad arse back and a QB that can make things happen with his legs.

Better hope we have a badarse offensive coordinator.

mjhaverkamp 07-29-2019 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txwhitetail (Post 14273458)
Better hope we have a badarse offensive coordinator.

I think he will be fine, Garrett has a pretty **** good offensive mind to begin with, he will have his hands all over the play calling.

Dale Moser 07-29-2019 09:42 PM

Cowboys just signed Alfred Morris. Whatever else he gets, Zeke is gonna get a lesson in negotiating from the master.[emoji23]

Jerry donít play.

Smart 07-29-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txwhitetail (Post 14273302)

I'm not totally against it either if the price is right.....and I'm a big Zeke fan. Look what Herschel Walker brought :D

Mertzon Man 07-29-2019 09:53 PM

I know I’m late to the party and it may have been covered but I saw on the news that Jason Witten is back with the Cowboys. Saw him running routes in training camp.

Smart 07-29-2019 10:04 PM

Talk is Dak is a different QB than he has been with his accuracy on the deeper balls due to Kitna. Its been all over twitter and the NFL network training camp live shows. Dak might be more than a middle of the road QB if he has that deep ball accuracy up like folks are saying....and yes its offseason sunshine pumping but it could be a true. Several videos show him throwing dimes.

Speaking of more offseason sunshine pumping....Hoping Kellen Moore and Garret (who had plenty of chances with Romo) will make a huge difference. I hope that's the case but we just don't have that kind of luck.

Smart 07-29-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mertzon Man (Post 14273506)
I know I’m late to the party and it may have been covered but I saw on the news that Jason Witten is back with the Cowboys. Saw him running routes in training camp.

A little Mr. Ellis lol. Witten announced he was coming out of retirement in Feb..:)

mjhaverkamp 07-29-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14273531)
Talk is Dak is a different QB than he has been with his accuracy on the deeper balls due to Kitna. Its been all over twitter and the NFL network training camp live shows. Dak might be more than a middle of the road QB if he has that deep ball accuracy up like folks are saying....and yes its offseason sunshine pumping but it could be a true. Several videos show him throwing dimes.

Speaking of more offseason sunshine pumping....Hoping Kellen Moore and Garret (who had plenty of chances with Romo) will make a huge difference. I hope that's the case but we just don't have that kind of luck.

I read the same thing about Dak, hope it is true, they still need Zeke to make any noise.

Mertzon Man 07-29-2019 10:11 PM

Lol, I can’t stop laughing!

MBV77 07-29-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mertzon Man (Post 14273506)
I know Iím late to the party and it may have been covered but I saw on the news that Jason Witten is back with the Cowboys. Saw him running routes in training camp.

Lee also surrendered at Appomattox.