TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread.... (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738128)

12RingKing 08-12-2019 05:19 PM

All of y’all saying cooper is a great WR, I’m not seeing it. He’s good, but not great... he doesn’t deserve top 5 money either.

But y’all have 5 offensive lineman who deserve to get paid, that’s for sure.

Fightinaggies 08-12-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14298455)
Iím in the hold off mode and let Dak show me his down field accuracy has improved with Kitnas help. Focus on Zeke if Dak wonít take the offer now. If Dak improves, pay him. If he hasnít, Jerry is not going to get his Super Bowl anyway so move on.

It could be contract terms and not the money amounts over the term. Guaranteed money is a big factor in todayís big contracts.

Exactly where I'm at. Let Dak play another year and prove it, pay Zeke now and lets get this team back on track.

Fightinaggies 08-12-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxSon1836 (Post 14298871)
I really hope the cowboys do not toss every dime at Dak and Zeke and loose Cooper. He is going to be and currently is one of the most dominate receivers out there and he's only 24. we have a lot of prime time left in him and he has had zero off field issues Zeke on the other hand can't keep his name out of the headlines if his career depended on it. Jerry can only save his rear end so many times.

They gave up a first round pick for him, he's getting signed.

Smart 08-12-2019 06:13 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f50ab007f7.jpg

txwhitetail 08-12-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14299797)

Stole that for FB

ďThat will be a steal in a few yearsĒ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTR0022 08-12-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightinaggies (Post 14299770)
They gave up a first round pick for him, he's getting signed.

I kinda see it a little different. They got a 1st round talent qb in the fourth round. So to me its a little bit of a wash.

Dale Moser 08-12-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12RingKing (Post 14299684)
All of yíall saying cooper is a great WR, Iím not seeing it. Heís good, but not great... he doesnít deserve top 5 money either.

But yíall have 5 offensive lineman who deserve to get paid, thatís for sure.

They already have, part of the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

muzzlebrake 08-12-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 14299232)
All 3 of them want to be the highest paid player at their position. If there was no salary cap, Jerry would do that, just to get another super bowl before he's dead and gone. Since there is a salary cap, there's no way to pay all your best players number one pay. I have heard an interview where Dak said Jerry not being able to pay all three of them number one pay, and keep the team together, is not their problem. They don't give a **** about trying to win a Superbowl, do they? It's just "show me the money!" If they would agree to top 5 money, they would all have a good payday and possibly a Superbowl. Greed will wind up killing the team.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

This is true. Throughout my working career I have seen many many employees stop producing once they get overpaid. At entry level they worked their butts of and then they get a big raise and start slacking. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the NFL.

mjhaverkamp 08-12-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12RingKing (Post 14299684)
All of yíall saying cooper is a great WR, Iím not seeing it. Heís good, but not great... he doesnít deserve top 5 money either.

But yíall have 5 offensive lineman who deserve to get paid, thatís for sure.

3 pro bowls in 4 years is not too shabby especially if you spent 3 years with the idiotic Raiders.

12RingKing 08-12-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14299988)
3 pro bowls in 4 years is not too shabby especially if you spent 3 years with the idiotic Raiders.

Pro bowls donít mean **** IMO. They passed over better WRs to put him in.

Heís never had a 100 reception season. Heís never had double digit TDs.

Who would you rather have? Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Brandon Cooks.

Smart 08-12-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12RingKing (Post 14300047)

ask that again at the end of the season.... He sure seemed to flourish with this team compared to the deadhead Raiders. A full year of offseason with Dak and his precision route running should be a good combination.

MBV77 08-12-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14300056)
ask that again at the end of the season.... He sure seemed to flourish with this team compared to the deadhead Raiders. A full year of offseason with Dak and his precision route running should be a good combination.

Wonder how many times Iím going to throw the remote this year when those balls go 2 yards behind his head when he comes out of his break on those precision routes?

bowhuntingw 08-12-2019 08:32 PM

All 3 guys need to go win a super bowl before they should get paid. go prove your worth it. What other profession does a guy get a raise before he proves he’s worth the salary?

Smart 08-12-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBV77 (Post 14300076)
Wonder how many times Iím going to throw the remote this year when those balls go 2 yards behind his head when he comes out of his break on those precision routes?

I'm hoping Kitna is fixing some of that..:eek:

Tom 08-12-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drop dead fred (Post 14299657)
Canít wait to hear ďthatíll be cheap in a few yearsĒ

$40M per is a little excessive. I was thinking $28m would be cheap in a few years!!!!!

Skinny 08-12-2019 08:48 PM

Yawn

mjhaverkamp 08-12-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12RingKing (Post 14300047)
Pro bowls donít mean **** IMO. They passed over better WRs to put him in.

Heís never had a 100 reception season. Heís never had double digit TDs.

All I know is we have Cooper and **** glad to have him.;)

MBV77 08-12-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14300086)
I'm hoping Kitna is fixing some of that..:eek:

Or Moore!....either or.

Just somebody fix that sh*t!!

rhodes520 08-12-2019 09:02 PM

I don’t see Dak being signed anytime soon, especially when he’s wanting $40 mil per year. Cowboys can franchise him next year around $25 mil and use that 10-15 mil on other needs. I bet Amari and Zeke get done pretty quick.

Abcdj 08-12-2019 09:15 PM

I like Dak. He will crumble under the pressure as a $40 mil QB!

Write it down here first. Lick it and stamp it!

Go Cowboys!

12RingKing 08-12-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14300136)
All I know is we have Cooper and **** glad to have him.;)

I hear ya.

Point being that both those players out performed Cooper last year and didnít get a pro bowl nod.

Pro bowl selections donít mean much. All-Pro selections mean much more IMO.

drop dead fred 08-12-2019 09:22 PM

Weíre sitting here talking about fixing the ďwanna beĒ highest paid q.b. In nfl history......

Dale Moser 08-13-2019 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
He sucks...

Attachment 967860

I don't believe there's any way he asked for 40mil.

mjhaverkamp 08-13-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14300815)
He sucks...

Attachment 967860

I don't believe there's any way he asked for 40mil.

I do not believe he asked for 40M either, and the problem with these Dak stats is that he has to have all of the supporting cast to achieve them, without them he would be very very mediocre, if he gets paid 35M a year some of these stars will be lost in the near future. I know you think Zeke is not worth it, just plug in another back, it just does not work that way, Zeke is like 65 % of the offense. Just listen to all the players and coaches, the running game is a vital part of having a great team, the reason some of these other QB's do not need a great back is because they are great QB's, not even close to average. I hope Dak gets a contract that they both can live with, if not then I would go the Kirk Cousin's route, franchise him for two more years, it would only cost the Cowboys 65-70M for 3 years of service, draft another QB next year and try and develop him.

Dale Moser 08-13-2019 12:08 PM

3-3 while he was suspended for being an idiot...Alfred Morris had better YPC.

Heís really good...heís also really replaceable.

Fightinaggies 08-13-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14301287)

Honestly, at Dak's asking price so is he. How can we play a borderline top 15 QB anywhere close to even $35m a year? I don't think he signs for anything other then the top avg/year and IMO he isn't worth it for the level of play hes given us. Let him play this year out, then franchise him next year for anything over the 30m they already offered. That gives us time to see if he can make that next jump, but we better figure out quick if White or Rush has the talent or we need to start groming another one.

Dale Moser 08-13-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightinaggies (Post 14301319)
Honestly, at Dak's asking price so is he. How can we play a borderline top 15 QB anywhere close to even $35m a year? I don't think he signs for anything other then the top avg/year and IMO he isn't worth it for the level of play hes given us. Let him play this year out, then franchise him next year for anything over the 30m they already offered. That gives us time to see if he can make that next jump, but we better figure out quick if White or Rush has the talent or we need to start groming another one.

1st, whatever contract he signs is going to seem absurdly high at the beginning, and will be cheap by the end. Thatís just the nature of qb contracts, at least for the time being.

2nd, The franchise tag will be over 30 mil next year.

Rush, nor White can play.

Where do you propose they get the next guy? To draft one you have to get to the top of the first, and those guys are about a 1 in 3 chance of improving over Dak. See Rosen, Wentz, etc. 2nd round and later QBs are about a 1-10 proposition...thatís a guess but I bet itís close.

Look at all the teams in the NFL who have swapped quarterbacks every 3-4 years for decades...I donít want to be there.

Smart 08-13-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightinaggies (Post 14301319)

Iím good with this route. Make him prove it. Pay him later if he does. The salary cap will be much larger in 2-3 years as well.

drop dead fred 08-13-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14301352)
Iím good with this route. Make him prove it. Pay him later if he does. The salary cap will be much larger in 2-3 years as well.

X2 Iíd be searching hard for a replacement during this window wether via draft or another avenue.

Skinny 08-13-2019 01:07 PM

The cowboys are going to pay more (overpay) for the players they want on their team this year.

mjhaverkamp 08-13-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Ok Dale, we all have opinions, we will have to agree to disagree ;)b

Capt.Brown 08-13-2019 01:41 PM

Just shows how good romo really was, I cussed him for years but he was a rare talent.

Dale Moser 08-13-2019 02:11 PM

If Dak plays out the year without a new deal, is he a RFA?

mjhaverkamp 08-13-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14301521)

No, but the Cowboys can franchise him for up to 3 or they can use the Transitional tag on him next year, not sure what that does for him or the team.

Fightinaggies 08-13-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

No, he would unrestricted free agent, but Dallas isn't letting him go anywhere. Franchise tag for QB is around $25m. Makes sense to tag him at least one more year without an heir apparent in the pipeline. He is an idiot if he doesn't sign before the season though, hes playing for $2m this year, if he lets that $28m go this season he will never make it back up.

12RingKing 08-13-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

This has to be on Jerryís mind. Zeke is a great player but the value isnít there with an all time great OLine.

Much better value in free agency for 1/10 the price.

12RingKing 08-13-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14301349)
1st, whatever contract he signs is going to seem absurdly high at the beginning, and will be cheap by the end. Thatís just the nature of qb contracts, at least for the time being.

2nd, The franchise tag will be over 30 mil next year.

Rush, nor White can play.

Where do you propose they get the next guy? To draft one you have to get to the top of the first, and those guys are about a 1 in 3 chance of improving over Dak. See Rosen, Wentz, etc. 2nd round and later QBs are about a 1-10 proposition...thatís a guess but I bet itís close.

Look at all the teams in the NFL who have swapped quarterbacks every 3-4 years for decades...I donít want to be there.

Where was Dak drafted? Canít remember... ;)

12RingKing 08-13-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Yes, I believe they have the 5th year option. But, maybe not. They do have the tag though.

I believe Dak plays, and JJ knows that. Heís not priority to them. I believe they make him earn his 35M a year this year. If he gets to the NFC championship game, he gets 35.

Dale Moser 08-13-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12RingKing (Post 14302269)
Yes, I believe they have the 5th year option. But, maybe not. They do have the tag though.

I believe Dak plays, and JJ knows that. Heís not priority to them. I believe they make him earn his 35M a year this year. If he gets to the NFC championship game, he gets 35.

No 5th year option.

I know exactly where he was drafted, and it was pure luck, the guy they wanted went early that day.

I think 34 would do it right now, and 32 and change will be where they land about week 2.

Iím not sold on the guy, but if he hits FA tomorrow he gets 30+

mikemorvan 08-13-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14302336)
No 5th year option.

I know exactly where he was drafted, and it was pure luck, the guy they wanted went early that day.

I think 34 would do it right now, and 32 and change will be where they land about week 2.

Iím not sold on the guy, but if he hits FA tomorrow he gets 30+

@ least they didn't get Paxton Lynch. The guy they wanted on that draft day. This would be a whole 'nother discussion. :D