TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Current Events - Politics and Such (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Comey fired (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645173)

Brute Killer 05-09-2017 05:44 PM

Comey fired

By Trump. Just happened

BrandonA 05-09-2017 05:47 PM

About dang time. Now arrest him.

Landrover 05-09-2017 05:54 PM

I saw that......lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Brute Killer 05-09-2017 05:56 PM

:D

Brute Killer 05-09-2017 06:09 PM

I wonder if is the first step in the prosecuting Mrs. Clinton.

Mudslinger 05-09-2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brute Killer (Post 12414810)
I wonder if is the first step in the prosecuting Mrs. Clinton.

Her and everyone around her and from her to the top, which means Obummer also!

boh347 05-09-2017 06:22 PM

Yup he gone.

texasdeerhunter 05-09-2017 06:30 PM

I guess he just wanted to wait until he had the hearing before he fired him? Timing is curious to me. Why didn't he just fire him from the get go, then he would have been subpoenaed to appear at the hearing anyway.

Brute Killer 05-09-2017 06:37 PM

Mark Levin is saying that there will be no prosecution of Clinton.

flywise 05-09-2017 06:46 PM

No one will prosecute a Clinton
they have done as much damage to this country as anyone ever has not to mention what they have done to other poor countries and the only punishment they will ever see will happen shortly after they are dead

JFISHER 05-09-2017 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 853538

stykshooter 05-09-2017 07:24 PM

Comey made many mistakes & needed to be fired but timing is questionable, I bet Putin is laughing ....

Capt.Brown 05-09-2017 07:28 PM

Why now??? This doesn't look good at all, dems will pounce all over this.

Razrbk89 05-09-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stykshooter (Post 12414969)
Comey made many mistakes & needed to be fired but timing is questionable, I bet Putin is laughing ....

The far left think Comey covered Trump during the election. The far right thinks Comey covered for Hillary by not indicting. You can't make this stuff up, folks.

ottert 05-09-2017 07:40 PM

This kind of covers most of it https://news.grabien.com/story-10-ma...s-comeys-watch

stykshooter 05-09-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFISHER (Post 12414915)

Kinda gutless to fire someone in a letter & not face to face ???

JFISHER 05-09-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stykshooter (Post 12415045)
Kinda gutless to fire someone in a letter & not face to face ???

You assume that's how it went down. The letter makes it official public record.

100%TtId 05-09-2017 08:29 PM

Fox now has helicopter coverage of Comey's motorcade going to his previously scheduled speech in LA.

Instead of a white Ford Bronco, we've got a caravan of black limos and Suburbans.

Idiocracy.

Humper 05-09-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFISHER (Post 12415101)
You assume that's how it went down. The letter makes it official public record.

Reports are he found out from the media while he was out of town giving a speech.

JFISHER 05-09-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humper (Post 12415118)
Reports are he found out from the media while he was out of town giving a speech.

Cool. That's how Obama got most his information :D

JFISHER 05-09-2017 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razrbk89 (Post 12414998)
The far left think Comey covered Trump during the election. The far right thinks Comey covered for Hillary by not indicting. You can't make this stuff up, folks.

The far left change their opinion based on the wind direction.

Attachment 853549

100%TtId 05-09-2017 08:59 PM

Wheels up on the G3, speech cancelled.

sir shovelhands 05-09-2017 09:13 PM

Comey needed to get gone, but timing is everything...and this wasn't good timing.

JFISHER 05-09-2017 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
memmmmmmoriiiiieeeess....

Attachment 853552

stykshooter 05-09-2017 10:27 PM

Was Session investigating Pres. Clinton .... NO. Session refused to step down after engaging in a sham transaction to avoid paying taxes on his use of an FBI limousine to take him to and from work, that he had billed the government for a security fence around his home that provided no security and that he had arranged business trips to places where he could meet with relatives.

Comey was in LA when he received a letter of termination.

Pedernal 05-09-2017 11:21 PM

This is a tea spoon of muck out of the very large swamp that needs draining!! Hopefully more cleansing forthcoming...

Ironman 05-09-2017 11:54 PM

Next!

Johnny 05-10-2017 12:01 AM

Pretty simple decision. See ya.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

100%TtId 05-10-2017 02:04 AM

If you watched The Five on Fox this evening, Catherine Herridge's report gave insights as to the inner workings of the intelligence community and why Comey had to go. Pretty simple - FBI staff believed he was giving Hillary a pass on the email scandal and he lost their trust. Essentially confirming what most of us have thought since the July press conference. She thought he may be the one responsible for slow-walking the reporting of the names who were involved in the unmasking scandal (in effect, protecting Obama as well). I bet Hillary loses some sleep tonight.

stickerpatch59 05-10-2017 08:18 AM

he should have been fired a hundred and so days ago imo.
who is his replacement, anyone know?

niceg3s 05-10-2017 08:31 AM

Dems: Comey is working with Republicans against Clinton and should be step down from the investigation.
Dems: Comey helped Trump when the election and should resign.
***Trump fires Comey***
Dems: Comey was doing an exceptional job and was clearly fired because of the... wait for... Russians.

RiverRat1 05-10-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razrbk89 (Post 12414998)
The far left think Comey covered Trump during the election. Everyone knows Comey covered for Hillary by not indicting. You can't make this stuff up, folks.

Fixed it for you

LWC 05-10-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverRat1 (Post 12416060)
Fixed it for you

Or maybe he knew that by bringing charges the dems would have to replace Clinton and we could be staring at a President Biden or Winfrey? Doesn't make it right and I don't want the FBI director making political decisions. Easier said than done though when a politician (the president) decides if you get to keep your job. I think he should be gone but the timing is bad optics.

Ironman 05-10-2017 11:05 AM

Hilary blames Comey for losing the election.
Dems want Comey to be fired.
Trump fires Comey.
Dems want an investigation into the firing of Comey.

The hypocrisy never ends.

Neck 05-10-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 12416451)
Trump fires Comey.

So true and so maddening. Makes my head swim.

LWC 05-10-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 12416451)
Trump fires Comey.

Let's not look at this in a vacuum. You act like 2+2=4 and there is no more to the story. If Trump wanted Comey fired for the Hillary screw up it could/should have been done months ago. The FBI was kinda in the middle of a big investigation involving the Russians and Trump's campaign. If y'all can't see that the timing of the firing looks bad, you aren't being very objective.

Ironman 05-10-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LWC (Post 12416581)
Let's not look at this in a vacuum. You act like 2+2=4 and there is no more to the story. If Trump wanted Comey fired for the Hillary screw up it could/should have been done months ago. The FBI was kinda in the middle of a big investigation involving the Russians and Trump's campaign. If y'all can't see that the timing of the firing looks bad, you aren't being very objective.

I forgot. The Russians are coming.........THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!!!:rolleyes:

If you take the time, you will discover that a lot of the FBI personnel had lost all faith in Comey, but don't let that stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

flywise 05-10-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 12416590)

If you take the time, you will discover that a lot of the FBI personnel had lost all faith in Comey, but don't let that stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Exactly right
His leadership is lacking at best. Russia had NOTHING to do with our last elections outcome and the premise is (besides being a joke) nothing more than the dem party's excuse to their idiot followers

Pedernal 05-10-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LWC (Post 12416581)

So are you suggesting he should have been kept in his position because of timing?? I don't know how the FBI operates but I guarantee you that he as the head of the agency has zero involvement in the actual investigation. Every agency leader is a basically a political puppet and has zero hands on as to the day to day operations or investigations going on at any particular time. For anyone to suggest this is being done to prevent the smoking gun with the Ruskies investigation is ludicrous at best.

LWC 05-10-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 12416590)

I'm sure the FBI is brimming with faith right now. Probably a line forming for volunteers to finish the unbiased investigation of the president's campaign. :rolleyes:

Ironman 05-10-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LWC (Post 12416669)
I'm sure the FBI is brimming with faith right now. Probably a line forming for volunteers to finish the unbiased investigation of the president's campaign. :rolleyes:

Have you heard of ANYONE that was forced by the Russians to vote for Trump? No? Hmmmm?

JustinJ 05-10-2017 12:28 PM

I wonder if this same thread would have been started had Hillary won and fired Comey....

LWC 05-10-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 12416677)
Have you heard of ANYONE that was forced by the Russians to vote for Trump? No? Hmmmm?

Good point...if we were 12.

Ironman 05-10-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LWC (Post 12416682)
Good point...if we were 12.

So what's your point?

Listen, Russia didn't get Trump elected.
Hell! Trump didn't get Trump elected.
Hilary Clinton got Trump elected, pure and simple!

LWC 05-10-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman (Post 12416687)
So what's your point?

Listen, Russia didn't get Trump elected.
Hell! Trump didn't get Trump elected.
Hilary Clinton got Trump elected, pure and simple!

My point is that I like independent/unbiased investigations of those in power. Not just when we are investigating the Dems. I'm not sure what influence Russia has on our president. I think that is what this investigation was supposed to tell us. If none, then great. I know there was quite a bit of smoke and this is why the FBI was investigating. Looks bad when you fire the guy in charge during the investigation of your campaign. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been fired. I would think you either or do it when they screw up or after the investigation....unless you want to influence the investigation.

100%TtId 05-10-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LWC (Post 12416722)
My point is that I like independent/unbiased investigations of those in power. Not just when we are investigating the Dems. I'm not sure what influence Russia has on our president. I think that is what this investigation was supposed to tell us. If none, then great. I know there was quite a bit of smoke and this is why the FBI was investigating. Looks bad when you fire the guy in charge during the investigation of your campaign. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been fired. I would think you either or do it when they screw up or after the investigation....unless you want to influence the investigation.

They have had since Nov 7 to dig up any proof of a Russian connection. If there was any evidence found it would have leaked by now.

flywise 05-10-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

I has been proven with many months of investigation that there is nothing to be found.
The only thing found during this process is that the obama admid was breaking federal law by spying on Trump and many other people, thats the investigation that needs to be taking place

LWC 05-10-2017 12:52 PM

So 6 months of investigating and nothing leaked to the public is now considered proof that there was no wrongdoing? Sounds legit.

Ironman 05-10-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

How did Russia influence Trumps campaign? This Russia stuff came up before the election. Now that Trump won........by electoral college mine you, they are investigating what influence Russia has on Trump. So which is it? Russia got Trump elected and now has influence on him, or the country elected Trump, but Russia may have influence on him. This has been a witch hunt since BEFORE THE ELECTION. Is this just a farce intended to shield Clintons relationship with Russia? We all know she has one. What freaking gives?:rolleyes:

SMC 05-10-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100%TtId (Post 12416739)
They have had since Nov 7 to dig up any proof of a Russian connection. If there was any evidence found it would have leaked by now.

Plenty of evidence has leaked. If it wasn't for the leaks Flynn would still be on the job. Imagine that.