TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread.... (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738128)

Smart 07-28-2019 06:29 PM

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

2 Attachment(s)
A full offseason of experience for the QB and WR tandem of Dak and Coop.......no Cole, no Hurns, no TWilliams and no RB for now!:mad: Hoping the D can bring the pain and the offense gets their **** together totally. Excited about Gallup, Jaylon, old but now skinny man Witten, a healthy Frederick, the Wolf, Cobb, Connor Williams new build with more experience and the rest of the defense......well except that Heath..:cool:

Thanks God for football season! Bring on that and hunting season and some cool weather!

Let's Go Cowboys!

Attachment 965505

Attachment 965506

mjhaverkamp 07-28-2019 06:42 PM

I am as optimistic as I have been since 2014 or maybe 2007, they have the makings to be really good, hope Garrett can bring it all together, and Dak.

Smart 07-28-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14270934)
Good point...started..:D Thanks Mikey!

Yes he is a generational back in a passing league.. Can't hamstring themselves by overpaying IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14270947)
The rams pass a lot and have a great back as well, Dak is not a generational QB, he has to have a bad *** running game to succeed. They have the money and in 2-3 years the contracts will be bargains providing no bad injuries. The time to win is now, not later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcjohnson (Post 14270956)

It’s tough but I agree, he’s generational and is very important to the offense. But can you count on him? Dak has not hit his ceiling I think and he needs a chance to prove him self. RB position has a short shelf life and Zeke totes rock a lot not to mention the off field issues that come with him. Safe money is on Dak.

I did look for the 2019 cowboys thread before resurrecting this one:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14270966)
Neither is the Rams QB yet. ....they both need a generational system to succeed. The Cowboys' was pre-historic last year....and has been called that by several analysts. Hopefully this Moore new dude can add some wrinkles to change it up.

Rams paid a truck load for Gurley and he got hurt...and they still made it to the Super Bowl. Missed 6 games. I'm still leery of a $15 million+ per for 5 years which is what I have heard he's looking for.

I think Jerry will pay it though. At 76 he needs to get it done now.

moving it over from 2018

Guerrero88 07-28-2019 07:12 PM

Hail to the Redskins ! Can’t wait for the opening weekend of the regular season. Ahh yes cooler weather , Monday Night Football, chili with beans and cold beer.

Dale Moser 07-28-2019 07:26 PM

The Rams paid Gurley, only to realize they could beat the Cowboys in the POs with a scrub backup.

Zeke is ďgenerationalĒ, if yíall want to call him that, behind a line made up of 1st round picks. When those guys get hurt, heís less ďgenerationalĒ.

Iím opposed to paying a RB unless he wants to deal, or heís actually generational. Iíd be really opposed to paying a guy who takes on contact like Zeke does as well.

You donít invest all those pics and money in the O-line, then overpay for a RB. You can go get another RB.

You **** sure donít overpay an idiot you canít count on to be on the field. And holding out after the BS heís put his team through the last few years is just chicken****...

Heís got to show up by a certain date to qualify for his year of service time, then franchise him next year and send his dumb *** packing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin01 07-28-2019 07:29 PM

Good to see the new year post finally up. Let's go Cowboys.

mjhaverkamp 07-28-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14271013)
The Rams paid Gurley, only to realize they could beat the Cowboys in the POs with a scrub backup.

Zeke is ďgenerationalĒ, if yíall want to call him that, behind a line made up of 1st round picks. When those guys get hurt, heís less ďgenerationalĒ.

Iím opposed to paying a RB unless he wants to deal, or heís actually generational. Iíd be really opposed to paying a guy who takes on contact like Zeke does as well.

You donít invest all those pics and money in the O-line, then overpay for a RB. You can go get another RB.

You **** sure donít overpay an idiot you canít count on to be on the field. And holding out after the BS heís put his team through the last few years is just chicken****...

Heís got to show up by a certain date to qualify for his year of service time, then franchise him next year and send his dumb *** packing.

He has two years left before he can be franchised, he missed 6 games because Goodell is an idiot, did you notice nothing has happened to Kraft or Tyreek Hill ? Something is way wrong there. All you have to do is listen to the football players and the coaches to find out if the runner matters, all of us arm chair GM's and the sports talk show host just think we know how to build or manage a football team. I will agree that if Dallas had a top 10 talent at QB they could get by with a lesser back, problem is Dak is maybe at the end of the top 15 or so, and he could make a big jump this year, I hope he does.

Pedernal 07-28-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14271072)
He has two years left before he can be franchised, he missed 6 games because Goodell is an idiot, did you notice nothing has happened to Kraft or Tyreek Hill ? Something is way wrong there. All you have to do is listen to the football players and the coaches to find out if the runner matters, all of us arm chair GM's and the sports talk show host just think we know how to build or manage a football team. I will agree that if Dallas had a top 10 talent at QB they could get by with a lesser back, problem is Dak is maybe at the end of the top 15 or so, and he could make a big jump this year, I hope he does.

I concur with the above. I would offer both Dak and Zeke heavily incentivized contracts with big money to be made if they perform to specified levels. I don't think either one of them should get huge guaranteed money.

GO COWBOYS GO!!

GA Bowhunter 07-28-2019 08:03 PM

I would tell Zeke that is under contract for the next two years already. He can do his job or hit the road.
Ask Demarco Murray how that worked out.

Texas Grown 07-28-2019 08:07 PM

Thank you Jason! ;)b

Go Cowboys!

Dale Moser 07-28-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14271072)

Donít pay any attention to what they say, watch who they pay. Pretty sure he can be franchised next year.

QBs are harder to come by. You can find a RB without over paying, or over drafting, happens every year.

Thereís nothing generational about Zeke. Heís a great back..IF heís on the field, and the line is healthy.

Dale Moser 07-28-2019 08:11 PM

If theyíd taken Jalen Ramsey instead, weíd be talking about paying the best corner in the game over the last few years, and still have a really good running game...

Jcjohnson 07-28-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GA Bowhunter (Post 14271101)
I would tell Zeke that is under contract for the next two years already. He can do his job or hit the road.

Right...

Edward F 07-28-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GA Bowhunter (Post 14271101)

Lol ask Dak how that worked out when Zeke was out for 6 games. Anybody could of ran behind that line when Murray was around. Dak is average at best, when Zeke is lined up in the backfield itís keeps the defense honest. I think Zeke accounted for half of all the Cowboys scrimmage yards last year? I would pay Zeke, you can pick up a dink and dunk QB anywhere.

Edward F 07-28-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14271108)
Donít pay any attention to what they say, watch who they pay. Pretty sure he can be franchised next year.

QBs are harder to come by. You can find a RB without over paying, or over drafting, happens every year.

Thereís nothing generational about Zeke. Heís a great back..IF heís on the field, and the line is healthy.

Zeke had 2001 scrimmage yards, #2 in the league and thatís when the line was banged up.

PBUCKSHOT 07-28-2019 08:21 PM

2019 stacked up Defense has me PUMPED! Hoping for 82 to stay healthy until he hangs it up for good! Taking my boy for his first game this year. Thinking maybe the Peckers or Beagles in Dallas. Cant wait! PURO PINCHE COWBOYS!

Jcjohnson 07-28-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward F (Post 14271134)
Zeke had 2001 scrimmage yards, #2 in the league and that’s when the line was banged up.

He earned them yards too, most of them. RB position is easier to replace in today’s NFL.

Passthrough 07-28-2019 08:24 PM

They about to overpay for a mediocre quarterback!! That is gonna suck!! Zeke is a halfwit....but he’s more important to this offense than a halfarse quarterback!

Smart 07-28-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14271115)
If theyíd taken Jalen Ramsey instead, weíd be talking about paying the best corner in the game over the last few years, and still have a really good running game...

Lmao... I knew that was coming.. [emoji2359]

He wasnít exactly stellar last season either. Saw some pretty good receivers make him look ordinary.

I remember thinking glad we took Zeke more than a few times

GA Bowhunter 07-28-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward F (Post 14271124)
Lol ask Dak how that worked out when Zeke was out for 6 games. Anybody could of ran behind that line when Murray was around. Dak is average at best, when Zeke is lined up in the backfield itís keeps the defense honest. I think Zeke accounted for half of all the Cowboys scrimmage yards last year? I would pay Zeke, you can pick up a dink and dunk QB anywhere.

I agree on Dak. That is why Dez fizzled. Romo could get Dez the ball. Dak could not.

As far as Zeke goes, check out LeVeon Bell's holdout replacement last season. He did bell's work for peanuts.

mjhaverkamp 07-28-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14271108)

LOL, Emmett did not matter either.

GA Bowhunter 07-28-2019 08:32 PM

Regarding Zeke:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...oney-he-wants/
Ezekiel Elliott Is Not Worth The Money He Wants

Smart 07-28-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14271169)

It was a running league when Emmitt played

Antlers86 07-28-2019 09:01 PM

I’m ready for some football and cooler weather! Go Cowboys!!!!!

Dale Moser 07-28-2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14271169)

He was the 3rd most important player on that offense...maybe 4th. Different time.

You donít pay RBs in todayís NFL, itís just not smart.

Smart 07-28-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GA Bowhunter (Post 14271172)
Regarding Zeke:

Great read...;)b I'm as big an Ellliot fan as there is although his shenanigans in the news are wearing me thin on him.. I had no idea he was getting 9.1 mil next year which is around where I said above I'd offer him right now... with an extension. Reading that makes me want to not break the bank on him even more..

Dale Moser 07-28-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward F (Post 14271134)
Zeke had 2001 scrimmage yards, #2 in the league and thatís when the line was banged up.

Still A LOT easier to replace than Dak...mediocre though he may be.

Just go look at the draft, and contract extensions every year....

Dale Moser 07-28-2019 09:21 PM

Itís also worth remembering that whatever happens, Jason Garrett will be the head coach on opening day....so whatever.

ďIn Kellen Moore we trust!!Ē

Mexico 07-28-2019 09:27 PM

In this year.... go Boyzz!

sqiggy 07-28-2019 09:35 PM

They won't even sniff the playoff's this year!!!:rolleyes:

Smart 07-28-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sqiggy (Post 14271292)
They won't even sniff the playoff's this year!!!:rolleyes:

well that took longer than I thought...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0d/74...2c910dd168.gif

Smart 07-28-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14271268)
ďIn Kellen Moore we trust!!Ē

I sure hope he surprises the hell out of us but I'm not banking on it. I am really excited to see what Kitna has done to Dak with footwork and everything else.

mjhaverkamp 07-28-2019 09:51 PM

Barring bad injuries the Cowboys will be really good this year, I may be crazy but I think Dak could have an MVP type year, but not without the services of the best **** running back in the NFL !!

ttechdallas 07-28-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GA Bowhunter (Post 14271172)
Regarding Zeke:

I read this too and was surprised. Then I read/heard several NFL analysts totally shoot it down as there are far too many variables can't be factored in a statistical analysis. Play calling was singled out as a major flaw as Zeke was graded down significantly based on red zone carries. Linehan had a preference for passing in the red zone and the Cowboys red zone performance was less than stellar.

Zeke is a stud and easily the best offensive player on this team. He was the leading rusher in the NFL by 200+ yards and he didn't even play the final game of the season. He also did this behind and offensive line that gave up the 2nd most sacks in the NFL last season. I hope they pay the man.

sqiggy 07-28-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14271309)
well that took longer than I thought...

Come on man, I'm a cowboy fan!!!:rolleyes:
I knew that would get a rise out of ya.
But really, I think they will miss out this year. They seem to mess up when it really counts.

mjhaverkamp 07-28-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttechdallas (Post 14271322)
i read this too and was surprised. Then i read/heard several nfl analysts totally shoot it down as there are far too many variables can't be factored in a statistical analysis. Play calling was singled out as a major flaw as zeke was graded down significantly based on red zone carries. Linehan had a preference for passing in the red zone and the cowboys red zone performance was less than stellar.

Zeke is a stud and easily the best offensive player on this team. He was the leading rusher in the nfl by 200+ yards and he didn't even play the final game of the season. He also did this behind and offensive line that gave up the 2nd most sacks in the nfl last season. I hope they pay the man.

exactly !!

Dale Moser 07-28-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14271315)
I sure hope he surprises the hell out of us but I'm not banking on it. I am really excited to see what Kitna has done to Dak with footwork and everything else.

Canít be worse, can it?

I think Dak will improve a lot, and continue to do so, because he is a worker.

Smart 07-28-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttechdallas (Post 14271322)
He was the leading rusher in the NFL by 200+ yards and he didn't even play the final game of the season. He also did this behind and offensive line that gave up the 2nd most sacks in the NFL last season. I hope they pay the man.

That's a stretch to downplay the lines contribution for a rusher using QB sacks as a drive it home point...:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14271351)
Can’t be worse, can it?

I think Dak will improve a lot, and continue to do so, because he is a worker.

Nope..:)

I think so too....I think Kitna will be a big help. That being said...Show me! I'll eat crow Dakota!

ttechdallas 07-28-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14271390)
That's a stretch to downplay the lines contribution for a rusher using QB sacks as a drive it home point...:rolleyes:

They are not identical forms of comparison by any means, but let's face the facts. The mobile Dak was sacked 58 times last season, 11 more times than the much less than mobile Eli. So let's not pretend Zeke had stellar line play while the O-line took plays off when Dak threw the ball.

Killer 07-28-2019 10:57 PM

Come on guys that got to have Zeke to have any chance to win now. They need to pay him whatever it takes to get him signed now and playing. We want playoff wins and a super bowl. No chance without Zeke!

Dale Moser 07-28-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttechdallas (Post 14271476)
They are not identical forms of comparison by any means, but let's face the facts. The mobile Dak was sacked 58 times last season, 11 more times than the much less than mobile Eli. So let's not pretend Zeke had stellar line play while the O-line took plays off when Dak threw the ball.

They are not forms of comparison at all. Dak holds the ball and takes sacks, Eli gets rid of it...what happens after that doesnít seem to concern him.

Iím not saying Zeke isnít great, but the overwhelming odds say that he wonít be in 3 years, at which time all you guys would have him making ~13-15 million, while some 3rd rounder yet to be drafted is taking his snaps. You guys are not paying attention to the trends of the league!

Heís under contract for two more years, he can show up to work, or he can **** all the way off to buffalo or the jets.

Smart 07-29-2019 12:34 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...feb02d8252.jpg

Kurdawg 07-29-2019 06:02 AM

Go cowboys!!

Jcjohnson 07-29-2019 08:32 AM

Just took a look at Dallas depth chart at RB. Will this work if zeke does sit out?

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/DAL

Smart 07-29-2019 08:57 AM

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/s...768323584?s=21

Jcjohnson 07-29-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14271837)

:eek: dime

ATI 07-29-2019 09:06 AM

EVERY YEAR, the media will lead the people to believe the Cowboys are a "Contender" and will continue to do so through the first 5-6 games of the season,,, then when they have a 4-4 (or a worse) record, they will try to blame it on one or two people and want Garrett's, the Offensive Coordinator or the Defensive Coordinator's head on a plate or a new ownership....
I'm personally tired of all the media Hoopla and BS talk... let's wait and see the first 6 games of the season....

I as a long time Cowboys fan am tired of being led to believe all that hoopla and I'm not as optimistic... There are a lot of good team who are keeping quiet and not making a big deal about their chances...

By the way.... F Zeke.

mjhaverkamp 07-29-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Moser (Post 14271500)
They are not forms of comparison at all. Dak holds the ball and takes sacks, Eli gets rid of it...what happens after that doesnít seem to concern him.

Iím not saying Zeke isnít great, but the overwhelming odds say that he wonít be in 3 years, at which time all you guys would have him making ~13-15 million, while some 3rd rounder yet to be drafted is taking his snaps. You guys are not paying attention to the trends of the league!

Heís under contract for two more years, he can show up to work, or he can **** all the way off to buffalo or the jets.

We don't care how good he is in 3-4 years, the time is now, all they need to do is extend him and make it a 4 year deal, he is cheap compared to what Dak is going to get, and not too many feel Dak can succeed without Zeke.

Smart 07-29-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp (Post 14271866)
We don't care how good he is in 3-4 years, the time is now, all they need to do is extend him and make it a 4 year deal, he is cheap compared to what Dak is going to get, and not too many feel Dak can succeed without Zeke.

All they need to do is extend him? And Dak and Amari and Jaylon and Jones and after resigning Lawrence?. They canít afford them all at what they want ...and you want them to just break the bank on Zeke and pay what heís asking?

tdwinklr 07-29-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcjohnson (Post 14271793)
Just took a look at Dallas depth chart at RB. Will this work if zeke does sit out?

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/DAL

same scenario at QB ... no backups.